close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email 4 Error --WAMULTIBREAKWA Body of Email 0

Thread began 3/27/2010 2:07 pm by dlovas275157 | Last modified 9/15/2010 1:58 pm by dlovas275157 | 3922 views | 13 replies |

dlovas275157

Universal Email 4 Error --WAMULTIBREAKWA Body of Email 0

I have added UE 4 to my registration form to email new users their login info. The Universal Email 4 server behavior is giving me the following error when I opt to show lastBody:

--WAMULTIBREAKWA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit 0 --WAMULTIBREAKWA Content-Type: text/html 0 --WAMULTIBREAKWA--

And the Email goes through, however the body of the email only contains the single character "0".

I have uploaded my email template and includes folders properly, so I do not think that is the issue.

The registration form still adds the record to the database correctly.

Any help appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

dlovas275157

Attached is how the email comes across...

dlovas275157

Update-

Doesn't happen when you use on of the "create a file templates". It happens when you make your own template using the "DW Edit" option.

I really need the ability to do the DW Edit. Is this a UE 4 Bug?

anstara245021

Same problem here. Well... this is just one of lots of troubles UE4 is giving to me. UE4 seems to be extremely BUGGY !!!! I'm thinking of rolling back to UE3, which was pretty good.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I just tested using the DW edit functioality and the message was generated properly.

Can you send a copy of your page and the webassist/email folder in a zip file so I can examine the code on your page.

dlovas275157

Jason,

Attached are the requested files. Please let me know if you need anything else.

1. The index.php page is my registration page that sends the email on submit.
2. webassist.zip is my UE includes folder

Thanks for your help.
D.

Mac OS X 10.5.8
DW 3
UE4

Attached Files
index.php.zip
webassist.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
login.php

dlovas275157

Results of my support ticket:

Apparently the Universal Email 4 has a small issue with DW CS3. It works fine with DWCS4, just has the following issue with DWCS3:

If you create your email message with the DW Edit Option, and are using DWCS3, it can generate code that has unneccessary tags that are usually used when creating template in dw.

Solution is to simply remove the extraneous tags in your email template after it is generated by UE4, and your email will work just fine. This is a simple work around to get your emails working until they publish an updated extension.

Attached is a screenshot of the code inside my email template (that UE4 created). I highlighted the code I had to remove to get it working properly. As you can see it is template tags broken up by \ slashes.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks.
D.

dinohorn397192

Thanks, I have CS4 and it helped me.

gaijinmike345837

Problem with CS4

I have DW CS4 and I have that problem. I now have to use the plain text editor to compose the Emails. Huge PITA for me. I hope you can get this fixed asap.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...