close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

order submission with eCart Store Summary & Details in Database

Thread began 3/26/2010 3:46 pm by manderson279060 | Last modified 4/01/2010 11:14 am by manderson279060 | 4113 views | 12 replies |

manderson279060

order submission with eCart Store Summary & Details in Database

eCart Version 4.5.2
PHP
My Computer: Windows 7 64 bit

Order Submission Page: ?

I am trying to submit an order. The order does submit to the "orders" table but it doesn't submit to the "orderdetails" table. The orders table with a primary column called ordernumber is an auto increment field. This orders.ordernumber field data never submits to the orderdetails.ordernumber field. NOTE: orderdetails table uses orderdetailsID as it's primary, auto increment column.

By reading the Webassist Documentation, I made sure that in the field called orderdetails.ordernumber has the session <?php echo session_id("slpecart_OrderID"); ?>

Here are the screen shots of both table submissions:
ecart_details_database.jpg
ecart_summary_database.jpg

I have also tried submitting to the orders table on the first page, then redirecting to the next page and having the orderdetails table receive it's data.... but it's the same result that orders table receives it but orderdetails table doesn't. I works with my .asp pages on 2 other sites but not with this php environment.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Most likely this is because you have a redirect set in your store cart summary in database server behavior that is redirecting to the next page before the store cart details can run.

If you remove that redirect and only redirect in the store cart details server behavior that should solve your problems.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

manderson279060

That helps but leads me to MySQL error message

That helps but leads me to MySQL error message.
The reason for the MySQL error message is that orderdetails.ordernumber is a int(11) ...which is a number with 11 digits. eCart Store Details in Database procedure is trying convert the "session characters"
8440a0599332f4b518e08e4c3d4bd100 to slpecart_OrderID and not the actual ordernumber from the orders table.

For testing purposes, I made a field called sessionnumber with varchar(50) and set the dynamic value <?php echo session_id("slpecart_OrderID"); ?> and it in turned... outputed a value of slpecart_OrderID in MySQL. (see pic below)

mysql_orderdetails_table.jpg

I presently have the orders.ordernumber inputing into orderdetails.ordernumber using a standard recordset through Dreamweaver. It's not a good fix but I'm sure there's got to be an anwser to this complete issue.

I welcome any suggestions... and thanks for your time.

Marty Anderson 717-241-5576

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Just change the field type in the order details table to be varchar instead of a number field so that it can insert properly.

Or really you don't need to store that ID at all since you insert into the orders database the orderID is really all you need.

manderson279060

BAD RESULTS: Receiving characters slpecart_OrderID NOT ordernumber

I changed the orderdetails.ordernumber field from integer to varchar(40) then changed the verify page submission form to include both inserting behaviors. Changing ordernumber field to varchar(40) didn't work

1)eCart Store Summary in Database (without Redirect url)
2)eCart Store Details in Database (with Redirect url)

changed_to_varchar.jpg
changed_submission_form.jpg
orders_table.jpg

Submission Form: ?

BAD RESULTS: Receiving characters slpecart_OrderID NOT ordernumber
Again, the insert form is not taking the orders.ordernumber data and inputting into the orderdetails.ordernumber field. I'm receiving constant characters: slpecart_OrderID rather than actual ordernumber 37264151 as my input.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I meant the sessionnumber field. I thought it looks like you changed the ordrnumber field.

ordernumber is used to join in the orders table, and should be set to the same Type as the orderID column (Numeric).

sessionnumber should be set to the sessionid, not the ordernumber. ordernumber should be set to the orderID that was stored in the session by the store cart summary in database server behavior.

manderson279060

Need to know the "value" for orderdetails.sessionnumber in ecart

First, thanks for trying to help me out, I'm not quite understanding that what is working in my .asp website can't work on this php website.

seelowprices.com .asp website Works greats, submits completely
seelowprice.com .php website doesn't work, requires another field

seelowpricesDB.jpg (this microsoft db works and doesn't need an additional sessionnumber column)

NOTE REGARDING orderdetails table: A week ago I added the column sessionnumber for testing purposes not realizing that it needs to be used in conjunction with ordernumber.

This has to be the answer to my problem.
1)Verify DB structure
orderdetails_table_structure.jpg
(orderdetails.ordernumber is back to int(11) exactly like orders.ordernumber)

2)Verify that my orderdetails.ordernumber in ecart is O.K.

eCart_Details_in_Database.jpg

3)Then please let me know the "value" that needs to be in the orderdetails.sessionnumber in ecart details in database.

I'm happy to pay you for this information. I can send you some money through paypal. I own most everyone of your products.
I searched through the eCart Help.pdf but couldn't find anything regarding orderID and sessionID needed in the orderdetails table

Thanks,
Marty Anderson
717-241-5576

manderson279060

what value do I put in the sessionnumber column?

Hello Ray,
I have not received a response from you to my post. Please let me know if you're going to respond, otherwise I'll have to hire a freelancer.

All I need to know what value do I put in the sessionnumber column?

orderdetails.ordernumber receives this value
<?php echo session_id("slpecart_OrderID"); ?>

Eric Mittman

You should be binding the session number column with the session id. This binding is available from the cart if you click on the lightning bolt icon.

steven348539

Marty, I went through this with a database error and the order number.

The database that Webassist makes available as an example has the wrong type in it. Change the ordernumber field in SQL from int(11) to varchar(50) The reason for the change is because the sessionID has both numbers and letters in it so it can't be stored as an int variable.

You do not need the sessionnumber field in the DB.

That should take care of the SQL error that you are getting as you are trying to put alpha characters into an int field, it doesn't work.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...