close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cannot Type in Text Field Using HTML Editor?

Thread began 3/26/2010 2:41 pm by reneas.email303886 | Last modified 3/26/2010 6:07 pm by reneas.email303886 | 2013 views | 7 replies |

reneas.email303886

Cannot Type in Text Field Using HTML Editor?

Support here is a email conversation I had with Laura this afternoon:

Thank you I think HTML Editor is what we are looking for. So I installed HTML Editor and applied it to my event_Insert.php page that I developed using DataAssist and SecurityAssist; however, when I attempt to edit the Even tDescription text field on my form using the HTML Editor I am unable to type in the text field?? I was before applying HTML Editor. Can you please, please ask one of your support guys why that might be and how to resolve. Thanks in advance for your assistance

Best,
Renea

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Is there a url where I can view the page to try to diagnose the cause. I haven't run into that particular problem before, so I'd probably have to look at it to see why it happens.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

reneas.email303886

Link to Site

Ray:

Sorry but the site is currently on a my Test Server using Wamp and MySQL so I cannot provide you with a link. I can however, if you contact me do a screen share to help you determine the cause and possible solution. If this is possible, please tell me how we can go about a screen share. Thanks!

Renea

reneas.email303886

HTML Editor Not Able to Edit - Possible Cause??

Ray -

Question because I am using a Test server and this is a PHP page...Is it possible that the HTML editor is not working because I am not viewing the page using my FireFox or IE I am using the LiveView option in Dreamweaver CS4??

Best,
Renea

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The issue was that it doesnt' work in Dreamweaver live view... it works in any browser.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

reneas.email303886

Yes Ray - Between the 2 of us we figured that out. Do not use LiveView to test out DataAssist and HTML Editor capabilities.

Best,
Renea

neilo

I am yet to work out the point of Live View. Previewing in my Browser is slightly quicker, and in Live View, if I make changes to my code, I have to remember to close Live View and then re-open it again to see 'Live' changes, rather than just refresh my browser. So it's not actually autonomously 'Live', particularly accurate or have and advantage in speed.

I expect I'm missing something.

reneas.email303886

Originally Said By: neilo
  I am yet to work out the point of Live View. Previewing in my Browser is slightly quicker, and in Live View, if I make changes to my code, I have to remember to close Live View and then re-open it again to see 'Live' changes, rather than just refresh my browser. So it's not actually autonomously 'Live', particularly accurate or have and advantage in speed.

I expect I'm missing something.  

Yes Neilo - Would not recommend using LiveView especially when using DataAssist & HTML Editor. HTML Editor I guess requires a web browser to function properly:) Best of luck!

Renea

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...