close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Install

Thread began 3/24/2010 4:44 pm by scott279449 | Last modified 3/30/2010 9:57 am by Jimmy Wu | 1783 views | 5 replies |

scott279449

Install

I copied the folder containing the PowerGallery to my site and ran the install (index.php)
It went fine up to step 5. It wanted the location of my images directory, which I pointed it to.
It couldn't find it and had an error message saying it 'Could not find the image directory'. I tried it again and the same thing happened. So I clicked on 'skip this step' and it wanted my admin name and password which I typed in. It said I didn't have the right name or password.
How do I fix these two steps from the install?

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Can you check to see if the database was created and the tables were created correctly.

If they are created correctly, you can look in the settings table to see what is the username and password for the admin.

I'm not sure why it said the image directory did not exists, but can you check if you are able to select a different folder (although you probably already ran the installer).

scott279449

Install

My mother is an artist and I want to create a gallery of her work.
I have created a new mysql database called 'gallery'.
Step one of the install found it ok.
The 'PowerGallery' folder is contained in the 'public_html' folder.
I created a folder called 'images' inside the 'PowerGallery' folder and uploaded the images to it.
When the PowerGallery installer got to the 5th step it wanted the 'images' folder location.
The path to the images gallery is:
images/
I got an error message saying it could not find the images gallery, so I tried this:
images/
It still can't find it. Next I skipped this step and went to Step 6 of the install.
It wanted my user name and password. This won't work either.
I have added a screen shot of the folder structure.
Now what do I do?

Justin Nemeth

Scott,

The "images" directory inside your powergallery is a reserved directory that the installer will create on the fly to save all images for powergallery. So, the first step is you should rename that directory to something else that won't conflict.

I would probably just start the install over (clear out the powergallery directory completely and re-upload the files from the zip) to make sure it sets everything up as its needed. When you get to step 5 (or the server upload in the admin), it will default to a directory. Rather than typing in a path, you can just click the folder icon and it will allow you to browse around. In the case of the installer, the default directory will be powergallery/install/samples/. You could simply click the up arrow 2 times then you should see your renamed images directory. Click on that and it should list any images it contains. Then the images will process correctly. The path is a filesystem path not a web path with the http part.

-justin

scott279449

Install

Hi. I deleted the PowerGallery directory and re-loaded it on to my server and deleted my images directory from inside the PowerGallery directory. Then I uploaded the images to a folder called images outside the PowerGallery. I ran the install, but again when I got to step 5
it wouldn't let me browse for the new images directory. It just sat there with the little dotted circle icon going around and around (for 15 minutes) and nothing happened. So I skipped the step so I could get to the Admin section. This time it just had an error message (attached is a screen shot of it.) It said I didn't have the right user name and/or password. I'm positive I did because I cut and pasted them. What do I do now?

Jimmy Wu

I have opened a backend ticket to take a look at this issue with you in more detail. To check your backend ticket, sign in to your account on www.webassist.com and check your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...