close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

credit card checkout with paypal sandbox

Thread began 3/23/2010 3:24 pm by nancy268153 | Last modified 3/26/2010 1:19 pm by Eric Mittman | 3929 views | 6 replies |

nancy268153

credit card checkout with paypal sandbox

From Canada using PS2:

When I use my credit card info or the dummy info to check out with a credit card using the PayPal sandbox API Credentials I get;

Transaction Not Completed
Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed

Please return to checkout and try again.

should this work using the sandbox or will I have to wait until I have my Canadian Website Payments Pro account set up?

My sandbox dummy seller and buyer are both Canadian.

The express checkout works great but I need the Credit card only option also as PayPal does not give Canadian customers the option of checking out with credit card unless they apply for a PayPal account.

I really NEED to know if this can be customized to work from Canada before I put too much more effort into it?

Nancy

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

In the sandbox you will need to create a new user for testing. This user must have a credit card associated with them, you can then use this credit card number and test user info when testing for credit card transactions. I usually just create a pre-configured user for this.

You should be able to test with a test user and this credit card info associated with them, let us know if you have any further issues with this.

nancy268153

Thanks Eric,
that is exactly what I've done and the error message is what I have received.
I get the Order Confirmation page just fine. it is after I try to submit that page ... the next page tell me of the error.
I am guessing that this is the info coming from Paypal and thus the conflict must be in the info I am sending to them.
The strange part is that the Express checkout works just fine.

Would this have anything to do with Powerstore? Is there something in the configuration that assumes I am in the US?
I am in Canada, my testing business account is Canadian, I have both US and Canadian test users (both tested with same results) but my cart is in US dollars.
Any ideas what is going wrong and how to fix it?

I mean no offense but I find this a rather tedious way to get help... waiting for a whole day for each reply when there could be so many, back and forth.
Today I was hoping for a least something to try but it could be days at this pace for even something quite simple. Is there a phone # where I could call and get a few of my questions answered?
Nancy

nancy268153

In an attempt to move things along I have found a script in this forum and added it to my checkout_failure.php page. I then uploaded it to the live server and attempted to make a payment with the same test user and sandbox.
The result did give me some additional info on this same checkout_failure.php page as follows:

(please keep in mind that I have tested Paypal Express with excellent results... I am now trying to check out using a credit card)

We're sorry
Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed
Please return to checkout and try again.
NEWLY ADDED IS:

Direct Pay Full Request :
nancy_1269061597_biz_api1.nancyelizabethdesigns.com1269061603AzKRLoJjRxrDIBlsKCasfNOuoZjfAlHXWyVYBSm5RKpYzqgs0KsFIyfm 2.20Sale15.03150.03WebAssist.eCartPHP.Pro.DPtest product 20.02110test item0.0111Test User1 Maire-VictorinTorontoONM5A 1E1CA613 2589865Visa4381758550778629032015verifiedTestUsernancy_1269364389_per@nancyelizabethdesigns.comCA
1 Maire-VictorinTorontoONCACAM5A 1E1613 2589865
789199.246.2.11fc9ae1527390f74d9482aa5c83476e2fDirect Pay Full Response :
AzKRLoJjRxrDIBlsKCasfNOuoZjfAlHXWyVYBSm5RKpYzqgs0KsFIyfm 2010-03-24T21:32:54ZFailured384360e304adInvalid ConfigurationThis transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.10501Error2.20123649815.03PayPal Express Checkout requests and responses :

Eric Mittman

My apologies for the delayed responses that you are receiving, we have an unusually high volume in support this week and have been short staffed as well. We would normally like to get the replies out quicker but we work in a queue based system and responses are made in the order posts were made.

I'm glad that you got the script to get the full request and response on the page. The error message that is the root of your troubles is this:

This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration

This means that there is some agreement in your PayPal profile that needs to be agreed to or updated. Once you have this configuration issue out of the way the checkout should work just fine for you.

nancy268153

Thanks Eric,
I'm glad to see that this should be "fixable".
But I can't seem to figure out what to do. As mentioned, I'm using PayPal sandbox and I must be missing something because I can't see anywhere to agree or update anything in my *test* merchant account. It's just one of the Preconfigured accounts and I don't see any way to confirm anything with them.
Or do you mean my *real* paypal account is lacking something??? are they related?
I'm really confused now.
what should I do?
Nancy

Eric Mittman

The error is letting you know that your PayPal profile is not configured to work with the Direct Pay for some reason or another. This could be a billing agreement (even in the sandbox) or it could be that you do not have the options enabled to process credit cards with your profile. If you continue to have trouble with this you should contact PayPal. For reference the API call that is being made for processing the credit cards is:

DoDirectPaymentRequest

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...