close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Purchaser info not received - static Ecart site

Thread began 3/22/2010 1:31 am by downloads336743 | Last modified 3/26/2010 11:44 am by Eric Mittman | 2663 views | 8 replies |

downloads336743

Purchaser info not received - static Ecart site

Hi there,
Just wondering how the purchaser details can be sent to the sites admin so we know where to send the product. I have universal email which didn't show when i went to add the paypal payment standard. I tried to add universal email to the confirm.php page but it didn't seem to allow for binding the details...It's a static site so database is not being used.
Thanks
Nic

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When using Payments Standard you will not have the option to generate the email receipt in the checkout wizard. This is because Payments Standard is a remote checkout and the status of the transaction is not known at the time of the transaction. You can only get the details of the transaction after the fact.

If you are using Payments Standard it is much more difficult to get back the details of a transaction. You will need to make use of IPN to get the information about the order. Here is a link to PayPal's site about IPN:

ipn

You could setup your IPN page to listen for a response from PayPal, then when the order's info is posted to your IPN page you can check to ensure it was successful then send an email with Universal Email.

downloads336743

Thanks Eric.

I ended up purchasing Powerstore with the thought that this might be a better solution. Unfortunately after the fact I found that i couldn't do Paypal Standard. I do love the product and want to use it, but now i am left with a bit of a problem. I am in Australia and my client is Australian so Paypal Pro is out. They want to use Paypal so Express is the only option. With that in mind, in the current format where you click through to Paypal Express, the customer only has the option to either login to their paypal account OR join.

I want to avoid this and also allow them to pay by credit card - which i know Express allows when you set it up correctly. My question to you, is how would i go about allowing this option? Any ideas? I've spent hours on this already and as i said, really want to use the product so would really appreciate any feedback or resolution.

Thanks
Nic

Eric Mittman

If you want to use PayPal and accept credit cards you will need to either use Payments Standard or Payments Pro with both Direct Pay and Express Checkout. I have looked into this for others and can confirm that you cannot use a credit card directly with Express Checkout. Unlike Payments Standard you do not have an option to just enter the cc info rather than login. With Express Checkout you must login to PayPal to proceed with the payment.

downloads336743

Thanks Eric,

So just so i am clear for me and for all those that come after me who might be a bit confused. PowerStore does not work for Australian websites who want to receive via credit card payment - being that Express won't work and you can't use Paypal Standard? Do you see this changing any time soon? ie being able to use Paypal Standard with Powerstore?

Okey doke, if that being the case, i need to go back to ECART and use standard. I'll look into the IPN thing and try to work that one out (though i might be back with a confused look on my face!).

Nic

Eric Mittman

I have been looking into this a bit and have found some more info on the availability of using Express Checkout without a PayPal account. Here is some info that I have found on the subject:

PayPal has an "Account Optional" setting in your PayPal account Profile, under Payment Receiving Preferences. Ensure that it is on.
However, note that the PayPal account optional is not available for all locations, some locations (or countries, including China) are required by PayPal to have a PayPal account before making a transaction. In this same regard, if the IP address of the buyer is determined by the system to be at a location where the PayPal account optional is not available, they will be required to create a PayPal account.

So you may be able to have the Express Checkout option setup and allow customers to make a purchase without having a PayPal account. You should start by checking for the account optional preference in your profile, then you can run a test to see if you can get this option available to you when using Express Checkout in your PowerStore site. Let us know what you experience with this.

downloads336743

Thanks Eric,
In Australian Paypal, this setting was found under the Website Payment Preferences not the Payment Receiving Preferences. I have made sure that this is turned on.
I appreciate also you having put a ticket in for me.
Cheers
Nic

downloads336743

Didn't answer the last part of your post...

I can enter credit card details without having Paypal - fantastic!!
I'm still having problems though with the confirm page not updating with user details and it not registering as a sale through paypal (even tho the sale registers on powerstore albeit without any user details).

I have added some info to the ticket you opened and will wait on the techy's.

Thanks again
Nic :-)

Eric Mittman

Thanks for keeping the thread up to date. I have been talking with the engineer looking into this and will continue to do so until we can get the situation figured out. Keep an eye out for any responses made to your ticket.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...