close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal IPN

Thread began 3/21/2010 2:03 pm by jim286478 | Last modified 3/29/2010 9:25 am by jim286478 | 1289 views | 2 replies |

jim286478

PayPal IPN

My shop is working using Payment Standard but I like to add some of the transaction data on the checkout_success page for the benefit of the buyer. On this page I have used the bindings eCart > checkout > Checkout Form Response and have selected the PayPal IPN cart. The response variables show up in the bindings panel. Can I use this data straight out of the bindings panel? From everything I have read about IPN some sort of listener is required to receive the information. Does eCart create that or perhaps its not needed with eCart. Thanks for your help

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes... in a way, but I can see you still don't really understand.

1) Create a new blank page to act as your IPN page
2) Update your paypal profile to tell it to use that page as the IPN page
3) Apply the server behavior ->eCart -> Add to cart -> Add from form and use the trigger "successful paypal transaction" and the form "Paypal IPN"

That page will never be displayed but can have functionality like email and database inserts. Search this forum for others implementing IPN we have some rather long threads describing the intricate details.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jim286478

Thank you Ray, that helps a lot.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...