close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

digital and physical goods on the same website

Thread began 3/20/2010 4:29 pm by tolushayoo193471 | Last modified 4/20/2010 4:49 pm by Eric Mittman | 4472 views | 25 replies |

tolushayoo193471

I've intergrate Digital file pro to creat an mp3 section, the problem an now having is:
(1) it's not uploading mp3 file with big size but it's accepting like 8 seconds mp3 file, please where can i change these size to bigger one in digital file pro2
(2) Since i have both digital and physical goods, I've setup the postage as £6.00, but when an mp3 file is purchase, I dont want the postage to be applied to emp3, the postage is just for the physical good. At the moment am using the flat rate setting from ecart shipping.
(3) Also I've fiished How To Create a Download Center successfuly but after making purchase and i was directed to download page, when I click the download botton, i couldnt download the file. it's as if the botton is not working. Please find the attcahed to my dowbload centre

thanks

Attached Files
New Folder.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

There are a couple of settings in PHP that can effect the size of file that you can upload. These settings are upload_max_filesize, and max_execution_time. By default the filesize is set to 2MB and the execution time is set to 30 secs. You will need to check in your php.ini file to update these settings.

As for the shipping you will need to come up with a way to exclude items that do not have shipping associated with them. One way you can do this is to have a particular value in a column for items that are shippable. You can then alter your rule to say 'if the presence of an item in the cart has a column value of' then choose the column that indicates the item is shippable and enter the value that would be in this column. This way the rule will only trigger if you have shippable items in the cart.

As for the trouble you are having with the download center at what point are you not getting the proper results? Were you able to follow all of the steps without error?

tolushayoo193471

Thank you I didnt have trouble completeing the donwload centre. I went to the main site bought an mp3, the payment was made successfully. I login back to my account, and it was reflected there that I've bought the mp3, then went to download centre page where the download botton is to download the purchase, but when i click the download botton, nothing was happening

tolushayoo193471

[QUOTE=Eric Mittman;50565]

You wrote "One way you can do this is to have a particular value in a column for items that are shippable"

Will I add these coulm to my product database, or is it going to be added to the ecart rule?

tolushayoo193471

I've created a column call prodType in my product category database. I have prodType 1= books
prodType 2 = mp3.

Using the ecart object I created prodType in COLUMNS.
I now update my add to cart buttons.
On each page that I have an add to cart button, by double clicking the add to cart button server behavior and set a value for the new column of prodType on the bindings panel.

I now went to edit the shipping using ecart, I set two rules
1) for shippable product (book)
my condition is: Number of items with a specific column value
If the total number of items where prodType has a value of 1
is >= a value of 0

calculation
Flat rate 2.00

2) for non shippable (mp3)
If the total number of items where prodType has a value of 2
is >= a value of 0

calculation
Flat rate 0.00

but at the end of the day mp3 (prodType2) is still charged for postage of 2.00
but it's meant to charge 0.00

please find the attached documents

thank you

tolushayoo193471

for a upload_max_filesize = 190M what is the execution time i shoul set it to?

Eric Mittman

You cannot specify a charge rule with 0 for the amount. A charge rule will only ever add to the total for an order, it will not zero out the other charges.

You only need to setup the rule where you would like to charge a value based on the conditions. It seems that you have the first rule setup for this correctly. So if you have any items in your cart that have the prodType column set to 1 you will be charged the flat rate shipping of 2.00 regardless of whatever other items are in the cart.

For the upload limitations you need to ensure that you can upload the max size, and that the timeout is large enough for you to make the upload. So this part will depend on how fast the upload is occurring. If you want to upload a 10MB file but only have a 300kb upload rate it would take about 4.5 minutes or so to do this. So you need to set this to a value that will allow you to upload the size of file you need based on the upload speed of your connection.

1MB = 1024KB = 8192kb

tolushayoo193471

Thank you, I've edit the shipping using ecart, I rules
1) for shippable product (book)
If the total number of items where prodType has a value of 1
is = a value of 1

calculation
Flat rate 2.00
but now, it's not adding the shipping to the cart when I added it to the basket.

And also I went to the main site bought an mp3, the payment was made successfully. I login back to my account, and it was reflected there that I've bought the mp3, then went to download centre page where the download botton is to download the purchase, but when i click the download botton, nothing was happening

Eric Mittman

I would like to get the charge rule worked out before any other issues are looked into on this thread.

When you posted last about the rule you mentioned that you were getting charged $2.00. Is the rule setup the same as it was? You can post back with a copy of your WA_eCart > WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php file and I can check on the rule and try to test it out.

tolushayoo193471

ok, thank you, I only change the value from 0 to 1, please find the attached

Attached Files
New Folder.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...