close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Not Use a Payment Gateway?

Thread began 3/19/2010 12:47 pm by jgroh96793 | Last modified 3/26/2010 2:12 pm by Ray Borduin | 1736 views | 5 replies |

jgroh96793

Not Use a Payment Gateway?

I am using an older version of eCart (3) and what I am trying to do is set it up so that it doesnt use a payment gateway. Basically people will use the cart to order products, but they will not be inputting credit card info. They will submit the order to my client but not pass payments. Each product is custom made and the people using this website are clients of my clients.

Is there any way to do something like this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this can be very easily done by not adding the Local Checkout server behavior on the confirm page.

The local checkout server behavior is the piece that sends the transaction to the payment gateway.

jgroh96793

Thanks for the reply, but now my question is how do I then submit the order via email? I have the shopping cart set up correctly, and I do have a checkout page where they can review their order one more time (although Im not sure I even need this page...couldnt they hit checkout from the cart page and that submits the form?) but how would I set it up to not use a local checkout to pass payment info and just input the order into the database and also email it to my client?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sure you could do this on the cart page, set the checkout button to post back to the cart page, then add the universal Email server behavior, set it to trigger on the checkout button being pressed.

also add the eCart Store order summary and store order details behaviors to the cart page, use the same checkout button pressed trigger.

jgroh96793

Awesome, thanks, it worked!

One last question, is there any way to edit the order? For example, the products we are selling include options to add text and if the user makes a mistake and wants to change it, I dont know how to let them edit it by selecting it from the cart. Is this possible?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can add an editable field to the cart and then a user can edit it right there. Just drag and drop an editable text field into the cart display and it should work with the existing update cart button.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...