close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ahhh, my wish list

Thread began 3/18/2010 8:58 pm by akstudio | Last modified 3/18/2010 8:58 pm by akstudio | 714 views | 0 replies |

akstudio

Ahhh, my wish list

I would love to see 2 things come from this company.

1. A CSS cleaner.

This app would sniff through a site, displaying duplicate CSS classes, unused selectors, stripping out on-page CSS and allowing you to merge all CSS into one, external file. Well, something like that. Dust-me selectors is *almost* there.. it just lacks the automated task of cleaning duplicates, merging same classes found elsewhere, etc. When I design, I tend to be page specific, meaning, I'll make custom selectors for the current page I am creating, later on, I'll go back and merge these into one file. However, this method can get quite ugly with duplicates all over the place, etc... (maybe I should just change my workflow..lol)

2.Mini-plugins to webassist apps.

I like to build things with all the webassist tools... however, There are some elements that I see elsewhere that are just cool. Without a full understanding of PHP, I am left to surf the web looking for these pre-built solutions... 9 times out of 10, I have a real hard time implementing these into my webassist apps. What I am talking about is the small stuff, like cool pagination scripts, Star rating scripts, bookmarks (visit adobe.tv, log in and "bookmark" some videos to your profile for later viewing) - stuff like that, which can integrate with the webassist tools and the way it authenticates users, etc.

You basically have done this on an epic scale with the Powerstore, Registration system, CMS, etc... but those small things make a huge difference to those of us who are unskilled in the ways of custom PHP.

That's my wish list.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...