close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal_ExpressCheckout_form emptys the cart

Thread began 3/18/2010 2:24 pm by Miguel | Last modified 3/29/2010 11:52 am by jebrandon343719 | 5166 views | 17 replies |

Miguel

PayPal_ExpressCheckout_form emptys the cart

Another issue i encountered on my checkout page if i fill all with only credit card info it works but if i click the botton for express paypal it takes me back to my cart page but it also emptys the cart.

reading the forums i added

<form name="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_form" action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?><?php echo (isset($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]) && $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] != "")?"?".$_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]:""; ?>" method="post">

to that form but it doesnt work either cant find any other post with a similiar problem and solution.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you click on the Express Checkout option it should take you to PayPal so that you can login. Once you have done that you should be returned to the site and go to your pp_confirm page.

When you are sent back to the cart page is it immediately after clicking on the Express Checkout button or when you are returned to the site?

Miguel

it happens immediately after clicking on the Express Checkout button, it doesnt take me to paypal login just back to the cart and also emptys it

Eric Mittman

Please post back with your checkout page and I will look into this further. You should always be sent immediately to the PayPal site when clicking on the Express Checkout link.

Miguel

checkout post back

Attached Files
checkout.zip

Miguel

Dont forget me please :)

Eric Mittman

It looks like there might be a code order issue on the page. I have updated the page and moved the Express Checkout code toward the top of the page. Please give this a try and let us know if there are any problems.

Attached Files
checkout.zip

Miguel

I get the same thing with the file you gave me, keeps sending me to an empty cart also with that new file if im not logged in and i try to buy when it ask me for the login also it emptys the cart, also the order of things are the default from the checkout wizard i just moved the button down but even if it was up was the same thing, i also notice that the orders get kind of mess up when working with a template if i work them on a blank page the orders are difrent

Eric Mittman

Do you have a link where I can check on this. I would like to see the result that is occurring on the live page and compare this to what I'm seeing on the page that is posted here.

There is code on the checkout page to redirect you to the cart page if the cart is empty, so it would seem that something is clearing the cart out. Do you have any problems on this site with session variables? The cart relies on session variables to retain items, if there is a problem occurring with the session it can clear the cart.

Miguel

You can check the ticket you opened when i started presenting problems with ecart the ticket number is 114282 and there is also a test login and password so you can log in like a member to try to buy, for the sessions i dont think the site has a problem but this is the first time i build all with webassist products i use to work with addt.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...