close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PaypalProUK CVV2 Mismatch

Thread began 3/18/2010 9:11 am by kishau313213 | Last modified 3/19/2010 12:05 pm by Eric Mittman | 12374 views | 5 replies |

kishau313213

PaypalProUK CVV2 Mismatch

Hi,

We've converted our cart to PaypalPro UK. The Express Checkout areas work fine. However, we cannot seem to get the direct pay by credit card to work properly. When entering a valid credit card number, I'm receiving a "CVV2 Mismatch" error. I've confirmed that the CVV2 is correct.

Could I send the checkout files and have someone look @ them? Also, let me know the additional information I should provide. I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking here.

Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you are getting this error is it just the regular error message that is displayed by default on the checkout failure page? If so the reason for the failure may be something different. In order to determine why it is failing we will need to be sure of the specific error you are getting.

If you do not have the debug code on your checkout failure page you should add it in then do a test and let us know what it comes back with. Add the following code to your checkout failure page:

php:
<?php  

if(!session_id()) session_start();   
echo(
"Direct Pay Full Request :<br />");  
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"]:""."</code><br /><br />");  
echo(
"Direct Pay Full Response :<br />");  
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
?>

kr313213

Thanks for responding Eric. I placed your debug code on the checkout failure page and i get nothing:

Your transaction could not be completed. ***************************************************
Direct Pay Full Request :
Direct Pay Full Response :

I also added this code:
<?php echo(PP_PayProUK_Result("Full Response")) ?>
and I receive:
RESULT=114&PNREF=<PaypalUK Vendor>&RESPMSG=CVV2 Mismatch: 15004-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid Credit Card Verification Number.&AVSADDR=X&AVSZIP=X&CVV2MATCH=N&IAVS=N

The Payment Gateway is Paypal Pro UK.

Eric Mittman

Sorry about that, I should have checked the debug code and made sure it was using the proper UK values. The debugging code that you did add seems to be giving you the cvv error directly from PayPal.

Have you tried this with any other credit card? The code that is used to process the transaction from PayPal does not set these error messages directly, it just gets the full response from the PayPal API and parses it for the error messages. So it is PayPal that is telling you the values are bad. If you could test this with another card it might help to determine if this is an issue always with the current setup or if the error is specific to the card you are testing with.

If PayPal does not like the cvv value you are using for that card you would need to contact them for clarification.

kr313213

Hi Eric!

Thanks again for your assistance. I was able to checkout using a VISA credit card. The original card was a VISA checkcard. Do you know of any issue with Paypal UK processing U.S. Visa checkcards? I will certainly check with Paypal as well. :)

Eric Mittman

As far as I know a valid credit card should pass validation regardless of the type of card. This is at least the way that it works here in the US. It is possible that there could be some other checks that are occurring for the card, like a geographic restriction based on where the card was issued. You should definitely get in touch with PayPal to get a more specific reason for the checkcard being rejected on the cvv value. If you find out any additional info on this please post back here with it so others can benefit from the knowledge.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...