close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cannot verify email address

Thread began 3/17/2010 2:37 pm by kelleypb318499 | Last modified 3/18/2010 1:37 pm by Eric Mittman | 1932 views | 5 replies |

kelleypb318499

Cannot verify email address

I have uploaded the User Registration Pack to a testing URL. After registering, I receive the following generated link in my Yahoo email account.

users_Confirm.php?ID=1&code=hpJGPeYiATUHLx8LQakY

First, the message lists the hyperlink below to click on to confirm the email, only the link is not active. Many people do not know how to copy and paste links.

Second, after copying and pasting the link, I get a 404 error.

This is unacceptable for a $100 product.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You can add in some info to let the user know that they need to copy and paste the link if it is not active. To do this you should open the following files:

WA_Universal_Email > Email_Templates

In each of these files is the message of the email that the user receives at the various times. For example in the registration.php page inside of this email templates directory you could add a new line around line 9 and add in some text like this:

(if you cannot click the link below please copy and paste it into your browers address bar)

As for the 404 error it is telling you that the URL users_Confirm.php does not go to the page specified. Do you have your Registration Solution Pack files in a folder within your site? If so you will need to specify this folder in the WA_Globals > WA_Globals.php file in this setting:

php:
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL

It should be set to point to the folder that you have the Registration Solution Pack files in like this:

php:
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = http://www.bloggingrepublic.com/YourRegistrationFolder/

kelleypb318499

Thanks, Eric; I had the Registration Pack files in a separate folder; now it works fine.

However, I really would like to ensure that the dynamically generated link is live when it appears in the email. These long, complex links look quite intimidating to the average person and need to be clickable within the email. Is there any way to do it by adding some code?

Eric Mittman

Weather or not the link is clickable is not determined by the code that produces the link, it is how your email client works that determines this. For me if I have this email sent to my Exchange Server email address and check it with Outlook it shows the link as clickable, the same for gmail weather I use the web interface or Thunderbird as a client. There may be some setting for this in your mail client.

kelleypb318499

Thanks Eric; I appreciate it.

Eric Mittman

You're welcome, let us know if you have any further questions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...