close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dropped items in Cart

Thread began 5/18/2009 7:21 pm by robavey142545 | Last modified 5/20/2009 10:28 am by robavey142545 | 2586 views | 7 replies |

robavey142545

Dropped items in Cart

Hi there. Have a weird problem that was just brought to my attention by a couple of users. Apparently the cart is emptying when certain sku's are added. These sku's seems to be part of the same category.

Now if I add a sku from a different category and then go and add the problematic sku's the cart doesn't empty.

I've stared at the code for hours and compared the sku's and haven't come up with anything. Anyone have any ideas where I could start troubleshooting?

TIA

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have never heard of this problem... I guess I would start by figuring out what exactly is different about the sku's that have the problem. Is it something about the SKU, the Description?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

robavey142545

thanx for replying. the sku's format are the same. I am totally stumped. Might be time to roll a new cart....not looking forward to that as this one has run without flaw (or so I thought) for a while now.

robavey142545

Just an update - After hours of debugging the only thing I've been able to conclude is that the cart session is dropped (not just single items) randomly when there is more than one item in the cart.

My original diagnosis wasn't totally right as this appears to happen randomly throughout the site regardless of category. The session objects appear to be normal up until the random moment, then it just disappears. Thats where the debugging runs into a wall.

At this point I'm sure its the cart, but still not sure how to get to the root of the problem.

Any input at all wold be appreciated.

TIA

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is probably the session in general and not the cart. What is your server language? If you are losing your session, the cart is cleared as a result... it would not work the other way around... the cart would not cause the clearing of the session.

I would write the session id on top of the page and see if that is updating. If so it is a problem with the way the server is maintaining sessions in general.

robavey142545

I contacted the hosting company, they said they have put the site in an application pool. Any ideas if this could cause the session problems? Or is this just tech support trying to make me feel better?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That could be the cause of the problem. if the pool doesn't maintain sessions.

robavey142545

Well so far it looks like things are staying in the cart. Scares me to wonder how many people were affected and didn't email me with their problems. Be nice to have some kind of recourse......

thanx for hanging in there with me, will post if the problem pops up again.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...