close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Messing With Images

Thread began 3/15/2010 10:23 am by andy245039 | Last modified 3/15/2010 5:29 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1451 views | 5 replies |

andy245039

CSS Messing With Images

I have created a new template that includes a header and footer call. The problem that is driving me crazy is that somewhere in one of the css sheets there is a call to create a space I believe below a <TR> can anyone tell me where that call is?

See the attached image as an example

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Can you post a link to a page where we can see and diagnose this problem?

andy245039

Css Space

I don't have the site up as I am still running it on my local test server. I do know that the source code does not display any spacing and it looks fine in the design mode of Dreamweaver. So I am thinking that it must be a call from the common.css or default.css but for the life of me I can't seem to pin point it.

Jimmy Wu

What browser are you looking at the page in?

Also, can you post up the page that you are getting this layout error in so I can take a look at it?

andy245039

I am Looking at it in both Safari and Firefox - both are showing the same issue.

Here is the link to the page that I have put up Logo isn't showing because it is using a full path on my testing server which I just realized that powerstore doesn't use the path from the directory root.

contactus.php

Thanks in advance for your help. I don't usually program with DW templates i usually use header and footer php calls. I don't know if this is because of the template but I am sure that it has to do with a css rule somewhere.

Andy

Jimmy Wu

For the bottom of the area, if you set the line-height to 2px then it seems to show up correctly. And for the top if you set the td to have style="line-height: 0px; height: 1px;" the top seems to show up correctly.

As for the general layout of your page, you shouldn't use a table to layout your page. You should use divs to layout the page. If you used divs, you shouldn't have this issue. Tables should only be used to display data.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...