close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

additional ecart checkout function(s)

Thread began 3/14/2010 6:28 pm by grgsr | Last modified 12/09/2011 12:27 pm by robert222776 | 2749 views | 7 replies |

grgsr

additional ecart checkout function(s)

I currently have version 4 but will more than likely upgrade. I need a couple of changes/additions and wondered how to go about it or if it's even possible.

I need to add a disclaimer which must be checked stating the the disclaimer was read and accepted. Secondly, I need to add a field to the cart where people can add comments for a gift card, probably 150 characters max.

I'd like the comments/gift card comments along with the actual products ordered included in the email using universal email as my shopping cart will be email friendly. I'd like this field to be "mandatory" so a reminder is given should the field be left blank. My thoughts are by having this included in email I can add the "BCC" and have it go directly to order fulfilment.

Any ideas or suggestions? Is this possible. I assume the MySql database will need a field for the disclaimer as it will become part of the order process.............

Thanks for your assistance and guidance as always.
grgsr

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the disclaimer, you would use the Server Validations porting CSS Form bulder to make the checkbox required.

for the comments, you will need to add a new comments column to the cart object, then in the add to cart button wizard, set the comments column to be updatabel from a text field, this will add the text box to the cart for the user to enter the comments.

When creating the cart display page, on the second step, you can select columns to add to the display, click the plus button and add the comments column. When you run the checkout wizard, the cart added to the confirm page and the emails will be based on the cart display page you create.

grgsr

Thank you

Jason:

Thanks for the assistance. I will give it a try!

All the best.
grgsr

robert222776

I have an existing, live store using PS3. I have pretty much the same goal as above. I have been asked to add a comments field "somewhere" (clients words) such that these customer comments are part of the order details email they receive. I decided that the comments field should first appear on the product details page, and that the comments should appear (no field, just comments as entered prior) on the cart page.

Following the post that Jason left above, I:

1. Added the comments column to the cart object.
2. On the product details page, using the cart button wizard, I added an updatable comments column text field. Then using the properties panel in DW, I changed the field from single to multi-line. Returning to the cart buttom wizard, this gave me the default value:
<?php echo $_POST["WA_Store_Cart_1_Comments_Add"]; ?>
and I noticed that the updatable check box as text was no longer checked.

The code on the page shows:
<textarea name="WA_Store_Cart_1_Comments_Add" cols="36" rows="3"></textarea>

On the cart page, I was not sure what was meant when Jason wrote: "When creating the cart display page, on the second step, you can select columns to add to the display, click the plus button and add the comments column. When you run the checkout wizard, the cart added to the confirm page and the emails will be based on the cart display page you create."

I did not see any a way to add the comments column when clicking on the + button.

So, in code view I added the following line:
<p>Comments:<br />
<?php echo $WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("Comments"); ?></p>

thinking that the comments entered on the product detail page would flow through to the cart page along with the other detail associated with the product.

I have not tried this yet on the live store. Does what I have done so far look correct?

If so far so good, is there additional code to add such that the comments are passed with the other order detail information to the email my client will receive (and the email that the customer receives as well)?

Also, I have not added a comments column to the database. I presume that it is not necessary unless a record of the comments is required as part of the order history (which my client has not requested).

Thanks,
Robert

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, that all sounds correct.

to include the comments in the email, you will need to update the WA_UniversalEmail/Templates/reciept.php file and add the code for the comments:
<p>Comments:<br />
<?php echo $WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("Comments"); ?></p>

robert222776

Thanks Jason! Is that the same email for both business owner (my client) and his customer? From the wording it looked like just customer. Is there a separate email for the client that needs the code also?

Thanks,
Robert

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, it's the same email for both.

robert222776

Thanks Jason! Happy Holidays!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...