close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Update Cart goes to Checkout Success Page

Thread began 3/13/2010 7:42 pm by judy354182 | Last modified 3/31/2010 5:50 pm by judy354182 | 4092 views | 18 replies |

judy354182

Update Cart goes to Checkout Success Page

I created the cart originally with eCart4 and have since updated to eCart5. While in the shopping cart when I try "updating" quantities or removing items from the cart.php, I am taken to the Checkout Success Page (checkout_success.php). When going back to shopping cart by either clicking on the browser's (I tested in IE, Firefox & Chrome) "back" button or clicking on the site's link to shopping cart, the items have indeed been updated as requested. The site is wildbirdwest.com.

What have I done to create this issue and how do I remove/fix it?

I did search the forum the best I could and found no threads for this issue before I posted this so if I've missed one, please forgive me.

Thanking you in advance for you expert help!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Could you post up your cart.php page so I can take a look at it please? It seems the redirect for update has been modified to forward to the checkout_success.php page instead of the cart.php again.

judy354182

cart page

The url is
wildbirdwest dot com

Jimmy Wu

Not the url for the page, the code for that particular page is what I was looking for. You can zip it up and attach it to your next response.

judy354182

oops

Sorry about that. I misunderstood

Attached Files
cart.zip

Jimmy Wu

Find this block of code:

php:
<?php

// WA eCart Redirect
if ($WBW->redirStr != "")     {

header("Location: ".$WBW->redirStr);
}
?>

and modify it to look like this:

php:
<?php

// WA eCart Redirect
if ($WBW->redirStr != "")     {
  die(
$WBW->redirStr);

header("Location: ".$WBW->redirStr);
}
?>

This will print out the redirect string to the page and stop execution. Can you post back with what is on the screen when you go through updating?

judy354182

I get this on a blank white page after clicking on "update cart": checkout_success.php
I attached the code to be sure I've given you what you want.

Now here's something interesting...when I (inadvertantly) put a <br /> tag as shown below, it worked perfectly as did the "clear cart", but the "continue shopping" did nothing-no response at all:

?><br />
<?php
// WA eCart Redirect
if ($WBW->redirStr != "") {
header("Location: ".$WBW->redirStr);
}
?>

But then that creates this error message : Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wildbird/public_html/cart.php:129) in /home/wildbird/public_html/cart.php on line 132

Attached Files
testWA2.zip

Jimmy Wu

The reason you get the warning now is that you are forwarding the page when it is in the middle of writing out the page (where you added the <br /> tag). Adding the <br /> tag isn't the correct solution to the issue. Did you make any modifications to the cart pages after eCart generated them? The redirect is being written incorrectly as the checkout success page instead of the cart page.

I'm not sure what the attachment is supposed to show me.

judy354182

I am sorry, I didn't make clear that I realized all of that about the <br /> tag...I just thought it was interesting.

I didn't intentionally make changes to the redirects but obviously I must have. Can you tell me how to fix the redirect?

Thank you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

OK, wel remove the br tag of course.

Then the error says:

cart.php:129) in /home/wildbird/public_html/cart.php on line 132  

what is on line 129 and what is on line 132? Somehow those are the two lines causing issues, so I'd like to look at them to give a diagnosis.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...