close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart

Thread began 3/12/2010 11:36 pm by david331670 | Last modified 3/16/2010 3:39 pm by david331670 | 1533 views | 4 replies |

david331670

eCart

Very frustrated
I have a add to cart button with 2 updatable lists.
The recordset that you choose when creating the button holds the key to which thumbnail image is displayed in the checkout cart page. The first list is ItemID related to Size. The price is dynamic links to the nominated recordset on the cart button.
The second list is related to colour. The colour recordset has a list of thumbnail images that i want to display in the thumbnail area of the cart page. I cannot get the cart page to display any image from this recordset. The binding on the cart page for the image is to "Thumbnail"
The only image it will display is a default image ItemID=1 from the second recordset. I can change the itemID but it still displays this image. If I rename the image the next image is displayed.
If I choose the 2nd recordset for the add to cart button the thumbnail image is correct with the ItemID but I then have problems displaying name and description as it now defaults to the ItemID =1 names and descriptions.
In both cases I have chosen the correct recordset to display the information in th bindings tab of the add to cart button.
How can I get the the thumbnail pic from the second recordset to display in the thumbnail area of the cart.
I have sat here all day trying to get it right.
Can you help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The recordset that you use to populate a select list will not have any filtering applied to it. to get the proper information into the cart, you must use a recordset that is filtered.

You will need to create a new recordset to act as a look up for the thumbnail. Make note of the name of the color select list, also note which column is being used for the Value, this column will be the Filter Column when creating the new recordset.

Set the filtering options to use the Value Column form the select list equal to the Color select list form element.

david331670

eCart recordsets

Thank you for your reply.
Alas I just cant make it work.
I have sent screen captures of all the secondary tables and recordsets.
Frame-Colour table, Main recordset-rsPrintFrame, FrameColour-rs, Dynamic list for colour for the send to cart button, and a Cart ScreenShot.
Its got to be a "Doh" moment, I'm sure.
Thanks again.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the name of the select list is:
Spectrum_online_2_Colour_Add

In the rsColourImage recordset, use the following filter settings:

Filter: "ItemColour" "="
"Form variable" "Spectrum_online_2_Colour_Add"

david331670

eCart recordsets

Thank you
Yes that works, I found that i needed to create a new recordset for each "add to cart button"
or each dynamic list even though each button and list refer to the same colour list.

One down and I am sure many to go. Thanks again
David

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...