close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

archive cases/products

Thread began 3/11/2010 11:13 am by mr hankey | Last modified 3/17/2010 2:06 pm by Eric Mittman | 1882 views | 5 replies |

mr hankey

archive cases/products

hi,

my client has asled me to have the facility to archive cases that are no longer in progress and archive their products sold to them?

could someone help explain how i would go about this with mysql/php webassist extensions?

i am not sure exactly how this would work?

has anyone done anything like this before that they could give pointers on i.e. do i need another table to archive clients details out of one table to an archive table?

many thanks for your support

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I don't think that I fully understand what you are trying to accomplish as an end result. Please explain a little more about how things are setup and working for you now and how you would like it to work in the end.

Once the requirements for the new web app are known you can use that info as a guide to creating the functionality needed.

mr hankey

thanks eric, i am a new to this requirement so bare with me.

basically at moment there are users who login and add clients, the clients can have multiple products.

what they want to do with the site is have it so they can archive a previously sold product to that client in a page unique to thst client.

so on the clients details page generated by data assist currently it lists products that have been sold. they want to click a button next to that product that says archive and it then moves it from that page to another tab on the clients detalils page that has heading "archive" in there it will list all archived products been sold.

the clients details page is setup with tabs along the top, listing their details in one tab, product 1 sold to them in another and so on.

hope you can help :)

thanks again eric

Eric Mittman

I think you could do something like this by adding a new column to the table that records details of the products for the clients. If you add a new column for archived you can set it to 1 or 0 to indicate that the product has been archived.

Once you do this you will then add this column to the query on the page and filter it for only products that have not been archived.

Then next part of this where you click on something to archive it will be like a regular update server behavior. Clicking on the button will trigger the update server behavior and you will just update the archived column to be 1.

The other part of this is to make sure that your query that shows the archived items selects the archived column and filters where it is set to 1. Please post back with any questions that you have on any part of this.

mr hankey

thanks eric for your help, your advice is spot on. only one question.

when i am in the clients details page and i add a new product and it has the default value of 1 as active this is fine. i can click a button next to the old products to change it to 0.

However how can i have it where when you add the new product it auto sets the new one as active and the old ones to 0 from the insert button?

might be better to give them the control by doing it manually but just wondering if possible as it maybe an option that will be needed later on in the app.

many thanks

Eric Mittman

You could do something like this by adding in an update to the page. The update server behavior would need to update any of the records in the table where the active was set to 1 and the id was not for the just inserted record, it will need to update this to be 0 for all of the others.

It can become quite a bit more complex than this depending on exactly how you would like it to work but this is the general idea.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...