close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore 3 Paypal problems

Thread began 3/11/2010 8:29 am by nc299051 | Last modified 3/25/2010 2:24 pm by Eric Mittman | 2526 views | 9 replies |

nc299051

Hi, I've set up a Powerstore website and everything seems to be working fine until I get to the payment part. I'm using Paypal Website Payments Pro here in the UK, I've entered the API details from Paypal into the settings part of the admin area and unchecked 'test mode' When I test the site with my credit card everything appears as it should, checkout, confirmation, a confirmation email and order receipt, however no funds have been added to my PayPal account. I also tried the PayPal Express checkout button on the checkout page and got this error.

I feel I'm so close to getting this site up and running but falling at the last hurdle.

Any help would be appreciated

Neil

Sign in to reply to this post

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

I'm also having problems with Paypal here in the UK. According to support it's faulty API keys.

I'm rtying to contact paypal

cheers

Ian

Eric Mittman

When you run a transaction with a credit card you are getting to the success page correct? If so it would indicate that either the transaction was successful or that you are using the sandbox or have the test mode enabled.

You can add the debug code to your checkout success page, it should let you know exactly what is going on with the credit card checkout. Make sure that you check that the useSandbox setting is set to false. If you have this debug code on your checkout success page it should let you know if the sandbox is being used.

php:
<?php

if(!session_id()) session_start();
 if(
$WAGLOBAL_Gateway == ) { 
     echo 
"<p>Direct Pay: <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"]):"n/a")."<br />";  
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>";  
     echo 
"<p>Express Authorize <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Request"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Request"]):"n/a")."<br />"
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Result"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Result"]):"n/a")."<br />"
     echo 
"<p>Express Process: <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Request"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Request"]):"n/a")."<br />"
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Result"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Result"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>";  } 

if(
$WAGLOBAL_Gateway == 2) { 
     echo 
"<p>Auth Net: <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION['WAAuthNet_postedValues'])?htmlentities($_SESSION['WAAuthNet_postedValues']):"n/a")."<br />"
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION['WAAuthNet'])?htmlentities($_SESSION['WAAuthNet']):"n/a")."<br /></p>";  } 

if(
$WAGLOBAL_Gateway == ) { 
     echo 
"<p>Express Authorize: <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Request"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Request"]):"n/a")."<br />"
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Result"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Result"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>"
     echo 
"<p>Express Process: <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Request"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Request"]):"n/a")."<br />"
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Result"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Result"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>";
  } 

if(
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping == 1) { 
     echo 
"<p>UPS: <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_UPS_FullRequest"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_UPS_FullRequest"]):"n/a")."<br />";  
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_UPS_FullResponse"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_UPS_FullResponse"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>";  }  if($WAGLOBAL_Shipping == 2) { 
     echo 
"<p>FedEX: <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_FedEx_FullRequest"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_FedEx_FullRequest"]):"n/a")."<br />";  
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_FedEx_FullResponse"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_FedEx_FullResponse"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>";  }  if($WAGLOBAL_Shipping == 3) { 
     echo 
"<p>USPS: <br />"
     echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullRequest"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullRequest"]):"n/a")."<br />";  
     echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullResponse"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullResponse"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>";  } ?>

nc299051

Hi Eric, yes, when I run a transaction, I get to the checkout_success.php page.
I've checked the 'use sandbox' setting and it is set to false. I added that code you sent to the checkout_sucess.php page as you suggested and ran a test transaction.

This is the resulting text that appeared (I've replaced the credit card details with *** for security as this is a public forum)

Kevin Roberts
The Stone House
Solihull, N/A B955AU
GB
01564 796200

Direct Pay:
Full Request: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Header><RequesterCredentials xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI"><Credentials xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"><Username>sales_api1.thedvdrack.com</Username><Password>CG3H252D9QE8WWMX</Password><Signature>AFcWxV21C7fd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31AlEA4Lp0X8sGgK8piJClMtgNsZCs</Signature><Subject/></Credentials></RequesterCredentials></soap:Header><soap:Body><DoDirectPaymentReq xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI"><DoDirectPaymentRequest><Version xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">2.20</Version><DoDirectPaymentRequestDetails xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"><PaymentAction>Sale</PaymentAction><PaymentDetails><OrderTotal currencyID="GBP">21.73</OrderTotal><ShippingTotal currencyID="GBP">1.5</ShippingTotal><ItemTotal currencyID="GBP">16.99</ItemTotal><TaxTotal currencyID="GBP">3.24</TaxTotal><ButtonSource>WebAssist.eCartPHP.Pro.DP</ButtonSource><PaymentDetailsItem><Name>Alternative Therapies </Name><Amount currencyID="GBP">16.99</Amount><Quantity>1</Quantity><Number>45</Number></PaymentDetailsItem><ShipToAddress><Name>Kevin Roberts</Name><Street1>The Stone House</Street1><Street2>123 High Street, Henley in Arden</Street2><CityName>Solihull</CityName><StateOrProvince>N/A</StateOrProvince><PostalCode>B955AU</PostalCode><Country>GB</Country><Phone>01564 796200</Phone></ShipToAddress></PaymentDetails><CreditCard><CreditCardType>Visa</CreditCardType><CreditCardNumber>****************</CreditCardNumber><ExpMonth>**</ExpMonth><ExpYear>****</ExpYear><CardOwner><PayerStatus>verified</PayerStatus><PayerName><FirstName>Kevin</FirstName><LastName>Roberts</LastName></PayerName><Payer>nc@leaderdesign.co.uk</Payer><PayerCountry>GB</PayerCountry><Address><Street1>The Stone House</Street1><Street2>123 High Street, Henley in Arden</Street2><CityName>Solihull</CityName><StateOrProvince>N/A</StateOrProvince><Country>GB</Country><CountryName>GB</CountryName><PostalCode>B955AU</PostalCode><Phone>01564 796200</Phone></Address></CardOwner><CVV2>520</CVV2></CreditCard><IPAddress>83.104.4.33</IPAddress><MerchantSessionId>209ded6df140ee4360dd770509d61cd0</MerchantSessionId></DoDirectPaymentRequestDetails></DoDirectPaymentRequest></DoDirectPaymentReq></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
Full Response: <HTML><BODY>The URL you requested has been blocked. URL = api-3t.paypal.com/</BODY></HTML>

Express Authorize
Full Request: n/a
Full Response: n/a

Express Process:
Full Request: n/a
Full Response: n/a

Not quite sure what it means, hope you can help.

Thanks
Neil

Eric Mittman

The error you are getting seems to be letting you know that the URL you are trying to get the result from is not allowed. Do you know if you have some firewall or other security setup that would be blocking specific addresses? If the address were allowed you should get back an xml formatted error and message from the API, this message looks like it is coming from your local machine or network.

nc299051

Hi Eric
I've checked my pc and there's no firewall, also tried it on another pc and still the same. I've spoken to IT support and they've said that we don't have a firewall or any blocked addresses.

I've also double checked the API details and all are correct.

What do you think could be causing this?

Neil

nc299051

I still can't solve this Paypal issue, has anyone got any ideas? I've followed all of the setup
instructions that come with Powerstore and it still doesn't work. Is it a Paypal issue or a Powerstore problem?

I keep getting this issue whichever pc I try it on

Full Response: <HTML><BODY>The URL you requested has been blocked. URL = api-3t.paypal.com/</BODY></HTML>

My client is adding pressure to get this sorted and I don't know how to fix it. Please help

Thanks
Neil

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so that we can look into this further and exchange some details in private. To update your ticket login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

nc299051

It works

Just to complete this thread, Eric looked into this issue for me and it turned out that my web hosts 'Easily' here in the uk were blocking the paypal URL api-3t.paypal.com. A problem that arose because my site was on a shared server. However they did remove the block and the site now works perfectly, accepting credit cards, and depositing money in the Paypal account. Thanks to the team for all their help. You can see the working site at
www.cannydvd.com

Neil

Eric Mittman

Thanks for posting back with the info, hopefully anyone else experiencing a problem like this will find this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...