close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Google map not showing

Thread began 3/09/2010 9:10 am by officeinfocom362633 | Last modified 3/16/2010 2:02 pm by Jimmy Wu | 3664 views | 8 replies |

officeinfocom362633

Google map not showing

I bought a few days ago "Pro Maps For Google".
I test the extension by creating a simple page and it works great.
After that I try to implement the code in my site wich is made with include files (header and footer are include).
I copy accordingly the code from header and footer and paste it into my include pages (header, footer and detail page).

After this I went to my detail page where the map should be appear but I can not see the map,
I only see a white space having width: 600px and height: 300px; (as I set the dimension) but not the map.

The test was made local on my server (localhost).

How is it possible to do without creating an other connect file to my data base (wich already exist)
and construct an other SELECT to obtain the name of the street wich I already have on my page.

My second question is if is possible to insert in my site a search street cassete made with the help of "Pro Maps For Google"
so when people whant to find the location of a street to type the name street in search form and then they can see the street location
in Google Map.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

If you run into issues only after adding your included files, this shows that there is some sort of conflict with the included files. Do you have a link to the page or is it still only on a local server?

As for making a map that users can search for addresses, this is possible. You will have to create a form that contains one form field for each value needed to map a location (street, state, zip, etc). Then you would bind the form fields in the Pro Maps wizard to the correct values.

officeinfocom362633

I have also the site online but I want to try it first on my localhost.
So how do I solve the problem ?

officeinfocom362633

One more question

If you see on this page they have an extra option; you can see the live panorama.
Can we do it with "Pro Maps for Google" ?

rentals.php?id=379715

Jimmy Wu

If you could send me the link to a page that contains your map so I can take a look at it, that would be helpful. Its difficult to speculate what could be causing an issue without seeing the page first.

As for the extra option, I assume you mean having the satellite view and Hybrid views as well, is that correct? On step 4 of 5 in the wizard, if you select the Map Type check box, those buttons will be added.

officeinfocom362633

I Solve the probleme

You where right there was a conflict with my include files. Now is online and works great, but there are cases when it is not show exactly, and for that address I made a check on other online maps services and I find the address. Here is an example ZqsP.
Is not possible if the address is not find not to show the map and confuse the visitors, because every time a street is not find the map show me the same address (Calarasilor).

And an other probleme I can see the pin.

Regarding the extra option I was refering at the posibility to see panorama from the place.
Instead of pin there is a house and if you click on it you will have a panoramic view of the place.

Thank You

Jimmy Wu

You don't want to see the pin? If you remove the image for the pin, it shouldn't show up.

Do you have a default location specified for the map? The default location may be what is showing up when the location is not found.

The option isn't built in to Pro Maps, but you can take a look at this thread:
showthread.php?t=7762

officeinfocom362633

Scuse me, by pin I was refering at "Address Marker";
Here you can see an example dCy3
The Address Marker is not show.

No I do not have a default location specified for the map, I think he have autochose.

Jimmy Wu

Sorry, I was confused, since you said you can see the pin and that was the problem. The reason the pin isn't showing up is because the image that it is referencing has not been uploaded to the server.

Make sure the google_javascript/images/ directory and its contents are uploaded to the server.

I'm not sure what you mean by autochoose. Are you getting the values from a recordset? Are the values valid addresses that are being passed to the map?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...