close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

(1) Web Standards Advisor Standards and (2) Cleanliness

Thread began 3/06/2010 7:54 pm by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 3/08/2010 11:25 am by yogastudents362523 | 958 views | 2 replies |

yogastudents362523

(1) Web Standards Advisor Standards and (2) Cleanliness

I guess the right place to put this might be the Web Standards Advisor Forum, but that seems so sparsely populated it might be shouting in the dark. In any case, these are more by way of wishes.

Wish 1
It would be so nice ... if the forms and pages created by WebAssist's own wizards met the standards set by the Web Standards Advisor. I am in the ridiculous position right now that my own forms and pages meet the Advisor's standards since I take care to follow standards about divs and naming conventions and so forth from the WWW ... yet the pages created by WebAssist products fail to meet those standards.

I'm sure it's in hand somewhere, but my wish is exactly for that. That the pages created by your own wizards meet the standards set by some of your other products.

Wish 2
And ... actually ... it would be really really really REALLY nice (I think you catch my drift here!!) to have the option to have pages created by eCard, DataAssist, SecurityAssist and so forth that gave one the option of PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leaving OUT out all that CSS and styling stuff those things are wont to put in.

Yes, yes, I know that one can change the look of the pages back to a kind of default just by deleting the relevant style sheets ... but that doesn't leave you with a clean slate for your own styling endeavours. Why must I spend hours and hours of my precious time getting rid of it? It's a lot easier, actually, to copy the PHP I want over to a brand new page and start there. But WHY? WHY WHY WHY? Is it so hard to have an option to just leave it all out? I'm sure this has been asked before. I can't believe it hasn't. But that's my wish.

Thanks.
Bye now

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Wish 1: When we released the web standards advisor, some of our products have been out for years before then.

We have now started to update our output to meet the web standards advisor requirements. In the meantime you can help by pointing out the exact problems and tools where you find them and then we can fix them. Unfortunately we can't do everything at once, so you suggestions to provide more documentation, QA, and Development in different areas while not changing our pricing all adds up. We are doing our best to improve our products across the board, and already put 100% of our resources to this effect. We take feedback from this forum as well as our own opinions to drive where we concentrate resources.

Wish 2: An unstyled version is also a good suggestion. We will try to start working that into our extension updates.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

yogastudents362523

Understood and thanks.
Patience (my end) is a virtue!!
Bye now.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...