close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore 3 Editable areas?

Thread began 3/05/2010 10:18 am by ronald_franklin366888 | Last modified 3/17/2010 9:09 pm by mick106153 | 3422 views | 19 replies |

ronald_franklin366888

PowerStore 3 Editable areas?

Can the following sections in PowerStore 3 be edited:

1. On the home page the blue 'wavy' area
2. The color on the back ground
3. The color for the drop downs and bars
4. The text for the buttons

I have basic knowledge of coding and use Dreamweaver for any editing offline.

Thanks for your help guys.

Sign in to reply to this post

esmsBeta Tester

I did a quick edit to see if it's easy. It's very easy with CSS Menu Writer and Theme It; so if you've not got them yet, get the credit card out - they make editing easier.

The only thing I didn't change was the large 'wavy' area. Not sure if this can be edited. Hope so, because it's just a waste of screen real estate for me.

ronald_franklin366888

Thanks for that.

YeahI agree, I want to be able to edit the wavy area so it isn't just sitting there.

tonygmg362159

Hi Guys you can change the blue "wavy background" by going into the home.css file and then editing the section which is store message: Code should be something similar like this and this is what i have done to mine:

#storeMessage {
background-image: url("");
background-repeat: no-repeat;
height: 260px;
margin-left: 1px;
overflow:hidden;
background-color: #06245c;
margin-right: 1px;
}

hope it helps!!!

esmsBeta Tester

Here's what I did. Changed from 260 to 100px. It makes it more manageable/ Hope this helps.

anonymous

esms... that is a good idea too!

It definitely brings the rest of the content to "above the fold" and makes it look a little better.

Brian

ronald_franklin366888

Can the wave be swapped out with a Picture of made to swap out many pictures?

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure what you mean by a picture made to swap out many pictures, but you can switch the image if you want. If you have a script that will switch the pictures dynamically, you shouldn't have any problem running it on that as well.

ronald_franklin366888

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  I'm not sure what you mean by a picture made to swap out many pictures, but you can switch the image if you want. If you have a script that will switch the pictures dynamically, you shouldn't have any problem running it on that as well.  

Sorry I wasn't very clear. What I meant was have about 5 or 6 pictures that automatically rotate out ever 5 secs or so. Make the images all the same size then just swap them out.

Jimmy Wu

Yes, if you have a script that will do that for you, you shouldn't have any problems with having that running.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...