close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Another WA disaster purchase!

Thread began 3/05/2010 1:57 am by web_assist_mail157665 | Last modified 3/22/2010 9:04 am by Ray Borduin | 4818 views | 27 replies |

web_assist_mail157665

Another WA disaster purchase!

I would really like to come to this forum and say something positive - honest.
The old InterAkt extensions just worked. You Installed them and got on with the job.
I've NEVER had that with a WA product.

I wish you guys would stop churning out new gizmos and focus on fixing and improving the current ones, rather than so called NEW chargeable UPGRADES and saying they are new products. This is not a new product - its what iRite should have been (almost).

And while we are at it - where are the really serious extension updates - no ecart 5 update, but you still find time to release a Site Colour gizmo???
Ecart5 had to be reinstalled - then I had to find all the code fixes I'd been sent. Track down where I was supposed to install them. C'mon, it doesnt make for good customer relations if you move onto other revenue generating projects before fixing the ones that customers have already purchased and obviously need fixing.

Sadly, everytime I purchase a WA product I get more grief and waste more time and money than the product price. After the bug collection in ecart5 I thought this little extension couldn't be that problematic - WRONG!

iRite
OK but filemanager was a real PITA
Didnt work with ADDT forms

HTML editor
Javascript error nightmare after install - ended up reinstalling ALL my extensions!
Added one more instance to a page - started editing - database content overwritten with blank data!
No multiple instances - can't even get 2 on a page (update: had to manually fix the code generated by HTML editor to get this to work)
Looks like it still doesnt know what its doing with ADDT multiple forms
If I set the editor to 200px high - I want a text area that high! - I dont want to have to have to guess the height of the toolbar buttons and add that to my editor height!?
and is HTML editor still using iRite javascript files?

another day down the pan!

Sign in to reply to this post

Andrew Read

Can't help but agree!

~ RANT WARNING! ~

I can't help but agree, those that are looking for a replacement for ADDT, BEWARE!

These products are not as functional as they should be (I am struggling to get most of them to even work on my system!) and the Suite certainly does not act as a Suite.

Support updates are few and far between.

I understand that you have BIG shoes to fill with Interakt / ADDT being retired, but the chance is there for you to fill them!

Please take the bull by the horns and fix your products, be more forth coming with the "Known Issues" and let your customers know what is going on.

Nobody CARES about a colour picker - we can use the very excellent free one on Adobe's site (Kuler) - so spend your time making what you have already sold work properly...

I also WANT to be positive, but up to this point I just can't! I have spent more time getting these extensions to work, and scouring these forums for answers to why they don't, that I have actually building sites.

I have a LOT of sites to convert over from ADDT, and I unfortunately almost NONE of that will be billable time - so I really don't need to be wasting anymore time than I already have trying to get extensions that I have spent good money on to work, I just want them to work.

A good place to start would be to post "Known Issues" to the product areas as they are found (either a sticky on the forums - or in the download section Known Issues section.) I would care less if they are there, if I didn't have to find out about them myself in this forum - be forthcoming to your customers (It will go a LONG way!) - it is just a further waste of my time to have to figure out that there is a problem that 10 - 20 others have found on their own already - That is a KNOWN ISSUE and should be listed as such as soon as it is possible.

Then you can fix the issues, without 20 customers asking you to fix them.

Please, please, please figure out how to become more forthcoming with the Known Issues, and get them fixed as soon as you can. Once you are doing this, you may actually sell your other gizmos, but as it stands I can not spend another penny with WebAssist unless what I own now gets fixed.

~ END OF RANT ~

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We have created a support incident to look into this problem with the original poster. Andrew, you never even describe a problem at all in this post, but if you need help with an issue please post it in the appropriate location and we can help resolve any problems you might be having.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Andrew Read

Ray,

Use your administrator tools and look at my posts, there are lots, and my Runtime Error! support ticket, you will see the issues that I have been having.

I have mentioned many times that you sell a Suite of products, but the Suite is only a bunch of seperate items that do not always play well together, nor is there any documentation as to how you should use these in order to make them play well with each other.

I have also mentioned that some products (DataAssist for example - a KEY product) don't actually work out of the box.

I have also mentioned time and time again that your internal processes for documenting errors with products and getting that info out to the customers that purchased them is severly lacking. There are many outstanding "KNOWN ISSUES" that are not documented under the "Known Issues" heading in the download section - nor are they stickied in the forums.

The fact that these are not documented wastes my time, which is exactly the opposite of what these products are supposed to do. If my time wasn't being wasted, I wouldn't need to rant.

I am merely warning any former ADDT users from thinking that they will be able to use WebAssist products to replace what they had before - something that I am starting to wish somebody else had done previously.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We are in the process of combining our products and trying to make them easier to use. Thank you for your feedback, we will take it all into consideration.

web_assist_mail157665

Known issues still not addressed

You guys have known about the bugs I reported in eCart5 for a few weeks now and still have not posted the fixed code, or issued an update, or a 'Known Issue' in the support forums.

This is the kind of support we are talking about.

web_assist_mail157665

OP - no support ticket in my history

OP - no support ticket in my history

web_assist_mail157665

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  We are in the process of combining our products and trying to make them easier to use. Thank you for your feedback, we will take it all into consideration.  

As per wishlist

take a real look at ADDT's list and form creation - automatic joins to related tables - brilliant!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Thank you for the suggestion. We will eventually incorporate this into our wizards. Right now we have a foundation that makes it possible, but it is far from automated.

We concentrated on making the more common tasks easier. However I can certainly appreciate the relative common task and how difficult it can be to do by hand, so its eventual inclusion in a wizard is, in my opinion, enevitable. It is a relatively advanced topic for our average user, but we are really trying to bridge that gap and this is a good suggestion.

web_assist_mail157665

Hi Ray

The future new updates are welcomed and I'm glad you are keeping an eye on the posts.
(honest the auto linking of table in lists and forms is an extremely valuable facility, if you want some more detail from me - just ask )

BUT...the big thing now is the user support.

We need to have bugs documented
We need to have fixes issued in days, not months - sorry no excuse for this not being possible. You have our money - we don't have fully working tools.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...