close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form isn't sending files to database

Thread began 3/02/2010 10:14 am by mrobben375515 | Last modified 3/05/2010 2:55 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2232 views | 12 replies |

mrobben375515

Form isn't sending files to database

I have a registration form on the index page of www.1to1marketing-llc.com that I would like to have submit the info into our database. However, when I test it is says that it is sending the request but the data never gets into the database. Do I have something set up wrong?

I set up 2 server behaviors...WA Upload Files and Insert Record.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a copy of the page so I can examine the code please.

mrobben375515

I attached the file. It's index.php

Attached Files
index.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is being caused by a bug I have just identified in form builder.

you have form elements that have a comma in the name, for example:
Registration_group_I_herby_certify_that_the_photo_I_am_about_to_submit_is_my_original_work_and_has_never_been_copyrighted_or,_if_copyrighted,_that_I_am_the_sole_copyright_owner_I_am_entering_this_photo_as_a_honest_and_true_effort_of_my_personal_creativity_and_unique_vision,_and_I_understand_that_it_will_be_published_on_the_Internet_as_my_original_work

the name of the form element is generated from the label you apply to it in Form builder. If you use commas in the form element label, they will also be applied to the name. Commas in the form element name are not legal.

For now, please don't use commas in the element labels. I have logged this as a bug in our bug base to have it fixed in a future update.

mrobben375515

Thanks for the response. It's still not working right however. I made the changes in the form, went in to the insert record server behavior and updated it to the new label names for those 2 categories that had commas. Tested it online, and it didn't submit the information still. It's supposed to insert the info into the database and if that's successful take the user to the gallery.php page. It doesn't do either one. We also have a WA Upload Files server behavior that takes the images and makes them different sizes and when we get rid of that everything works fine. The trigger for both behaviors is the form submit button, could that be the problem?

mrobben375515

here's the index.php file again

Attached Files
index.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It could be that there is an error occurring in the file upload.

Add the following code at line 1 to turn error reporting on:

php:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

post back with the text of any errors that are returned.

mrobben375515

This is what came up....

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/content/o/n/e/onetoonemktg/html/index.php on line 1

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

My apologies, there was a typo in the code, the correct code is:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

mrobben375515

no problem, this is what came up this time...

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/o/n/e/onetoonemktg/html/index.php:5) in /home/content/o/n/e/onetoonemktg/html/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php on line 3

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...