close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Using SHA1 with password

Thread began 5/15/2009 4:24 am by phil.evans372967 | Last modified 5/15/2009 12:00 pm by Ray Borduin | 4788 views | 11 replies |

phil.evans372967

Using SHA1 with password

Hi all

Has anyone adapted the sign up, login and forgotten password pages to work with SHA1? If so could you give me some help in getting it all to work together?

With thanks

Phil

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Where are you having difficulty? What is the problem you are having? What have you tried?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

phil.evans372967

Hi Ray

I've set up my users database table and run the securityassist wizard to create the register, login and send password pages, and that all works a treat, but I want change my code to be able to hash the passwords at register, login and email password.

Thanks

Phil

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In the bindings tab there is a formatting option. You can add SHA1 encryption to any value from there.

You would just update the bindings and add encryption on the four pages you specified.

phil.evans372967

Hi Ray,

I can't see any option under the bindings tab. Should it be a sub menu of securityassist?

Thanks

Phil

Ray BorduinWebAssist

When you click a lighning bolt from an insert, update, or other server behavior... you should see a format dropdown list below the tree where you select the binding.

phil.evans372967

I'm trying to do my login page first

prop_users_LogIn.php

which has a form called WAATKLogInForm with username and password fields

but I can't see anything in the bindings panel that will allow me to change the formatting to SHA1. I'm using CS3

Thanks

Phil

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should be editing the server behavior and clicking the lightning bolt where you bind the password value.

phil.evans372967

Gotcha! Thanks Ray. Easy when you know how.

Thanks again

Cheers

Phil

phil.evans372967

Me again, sorry to pester you with this. How can I achieve the reverse so that when the retreive password email is sent it's converted back from SHA1?

Thanks
Phil

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...