close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart

Thread began 3/01/2010 11:40 pm by david331670 | Last modified 3/05/2010 1:02 pm by Eric Mittman | 1666 views | 5 replies |

david331670

eCart

Help
I am using 1 shopping cart page for multiple "sales pages"
How can I get the user to go back to the page they were on when they continue shopping or clear items from the cart. I got the return page for one page as designated in the clear button . I need the go back button on the browser, but for the shopping cart.
Any solutions??
Thanks
David

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

In the continue shopping server behavior you can check the box to go to the previous URL, this will take the user to the last page they were on. The clear cart is different, it does not have this option. You can make it work like the continue shopping though by altering the clear cart code on the page to be like this:

php:
<?php

// WA eCart Clear Cart
if (isset($_POST["eCart1_Clear_100"]) || isset($_POST["eCart1_Clear_100_x"]))     {

$eCart1->ClearCart();

$Redirect_redirStr="";
  if (
true && isset($_SESSION['WAEC_ContinueRedirect'])) {

$Redirect_redirStr=siteToPageRel($_SESSION['WAEC_ContinueRedirect']);
  }
  if (
$Redirect_redirStr != "")     {

$eCart1->redirStr $Redirect_redirStr;
  }

$eCart1->cartAction "ClearCart";
}
?>

This is the for eCart1, you would need to update this with the name of your cart.

david331670

eCart

Eric
Thank you

Eric Mittman

You're welcome, let us know if you have any other questions or if you encounter any issues.

david331670

eCart

Eric
I have tried to use the php supplied.
I cut and pasted the php supplied and changed "ecart1" name where ever it was in the supplied script to my cart name. This I copied from the Continue button script.
The page will not render in my browser at all.
I noticed that the script was almost the same as the "continue shopping" php
should??
($_SESSION['WAEC_ContinueRedirect']))*read ($_SESSION['WAEC_MyCartNameRedirect']))
I did change this but it still would not render.*
Regards
David

Eric Mittman

All I did to make this update was take this code from the continue shopping server behavior:

php:
if (true && isset($_SESSION['WAEC_ContinueRedirect'])) {

$Redirect_redirStr=siteToPageRel($_SESSION['WAEC_ContinueRedirect']);
}

and add it into the clear cart code. If you are having trouble getting my code to work you can just take from your own code, if your continue shopping button is working for you then this code should work the same.

If you continue to have any troubles with this post back with a copy of your cart display page and I can show you where and what update to make.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...