close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DFP2 questions

Thread began 5/14/2009 11:11 am by kbettenc296716 | Last modified 5/17/2009 4:38 am by fragop363190 | 7133 views | 17 replies |

kbettenc296716

DFP2 questions

The documentation does not indicate whether or not there is a difference setting up the file upload for an insert page or an update page. The "default" file field on the second page of DFP2 does not seem to retain the data. I place the name of the hidden image field using the lightning bolt icon like I did with DFP1, it accepts it, but doesn't write it to the code and when I go back again it is gone. the "default" field is not even mentioned in the online help files.

I was able to get it to write the filename to the database once by deleting the server behavior (DFP1) and redoing it in DFP2. Now for some reason it doesn't work at all, the file gets uploaded but the information is not written to the database.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please post a support incident. I'm not sure if this is a bug or problem with the way it is applied and that is the fastest way to get someone to debug it with you directly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

fragop363190

It is definetely a bug. I have run into it allready just wasnt sure if i had to post it into forums too.

DFP2 Default File is not writing code to the page for the "default file". That is why it "doesnt retain the code". It actually does not exist so the behavior can find it.
If you click finish after u select a Default File no code will be written to your page.

You can confirm it by double clicking on the upload behavior and checking the default file field which is empty.

Allready submited a ticket, please guys this is a major bug, resolve it asap cause whenever u update a page using update.php or inserting a new row using a default image, the default image not being inserted in db and ofc on update.php the original filename is deleted from db since it doesnt contain the hidden form field with old data.

Please give us a minor release fast.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Another user today had an issue and setting the default value fixed it for them... There must be more to this than meets the eye. We will certainly create a fix quickly to resolve an issue like this once we can reproduce the cause. Thank you for submitting a support incident that will get the ball rolling toward understanding and eventually fixing the problem.

muddysmurf

Is this sorta the same thing as when I finally got everything to work.. sometimes it uploads my images into the database and sometimes it doesn't?

If i go back into insert record and choose the correct settings, save and try it again, it will work..but then stop after a few tries.

fragop363190

Ok this is the code so you see for yourself what i mean.

<?php
// WA_UploadResult1 Params Start
$WA_UploadResult1_Params = array();
// WA_UploadResult1_1 Start
$WA_UploadResult1_Params["WA_UploadResult1_1"] = array(
'UploadFolder' => "../assets/images/logos/",
'FileName' => "[FileName]",
'DefaultFileName' => "",
'ResizeType' => "1",
'ResizeWidth' => "150",
'ResizeHeight' => "100",
'ResizeFillColor' => "#FFFFFF" );
// WA_UploadResult1_1 End
// WA_UploadResult1 Params End
?>
<?php
WA_DFP_SetupUploadStatusStruct("WA_UploadResult1");
if(isset($_POST["Insert_x"])){
WA_DFP_UploadFiles("WA_UploadResult1", "image_cmp", "2", "[NewFileName]_[Increment]", "JPG:80", $WA_UploadResult1_Params);
}
?>

I used a default file/image. Do you see any parameter for it?

'DefaultFileName' => "" is empty.

Ok if i manually add this line and give a path and ofc the image name...then if you open the DFP2 upload behavior you will see that it has the path u entered...
So problem 1 solved...but...

Even with default file defined, the insert feature (i tried it only on insert.php) ignores this parameter and if it doesnt find anything in the file browse form element it just doesn't insert anything to the image column.

So DFP2 bug 1 = not inserting code under the 'DefaultFileName' => "" parameter. Even if you make it manualy so it recognises, if you go change it again, u will see again the code you had manually inserted.

bug2. Unsolved - Something wrong in DFP2 code and it doesnt even use the parameter. I will try diggin up in the include files to find the "WA_DFP_UploadFiles" fynction and check code there in order to speed up the resolving of this issue. If someone has found out sth plz post it asap.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Maybe try changing focus out of the field before clicking OK. It will sometimes take the default parameter, so the question is why it sometimes doesn't in your case.

Please post a support incident and we can have an engineer contact you and debug this with you more. This is not typical or a known issue.

muddysmurf

I know I posted last night about sometimes it was uploading and working and other times it wasn't, well I tried it twice here on my work computer and it seemed to have worked.

Do you think my problem may have something to do with maybe a cache problem from Firefox? I didn't try it on IE last night, so I really don't know this for sure or not. I have the newest version of Firefox.

fragop363190

Even if i manualy edit the code for the default file, it doesnt take it into account into DFP insert or update pages.

It just doesnt insert the default file name to the database when the file browse form field doesnt have anything in it. So it simply doesn't work as intended.

At least not to my system and i don't have DFP1 installed (i uninstalled it first) neither ADT. I only got WebAssist Web Development Suite installed nothing else currently.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I see. OK that sounds like it could be a bug. Please post a support incident and we can have someone look into this problem.

The easiest solution for now is to use two update server behaviors. One to update all of the other fields and one to update the upload field. Then use the trigger of a successful uplaod in the second update so that the update of the file field doesn't take place if no file is specified.

I will look into the reported issue as a bug. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...