close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

MySQL connection error?

Thread began 2/24/2010 10:26 pm by dennis372614 | Last modified 2/26/2010 7:36 am by dennis372614 | 3144 views | 4 replies |

dennis372614

MySQL connection error?

I wanted to work on my Power Store3 locally, I FTP the site to my local testing server.
xaamp, Apache and Sql server running. Setup new site in c:\xaamp\htdocs\computerdesign
with Dreamweaver CS4, setup powerstoreconnection for database, all seems to be working as I can connect and see all the tables, Server behaviors, selecting index.php and trying to view, I get a SQL connect error:

Warning: require_once(CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\computerdesign\index.php on line 158

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\computerdesign\index.php on line 158

This is from line 158 of index.php
<?php require_once("CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php"); ?>

I modified the Connection.php as follows
<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_PowerStoreConnection = "localhost";
$database_PowerStoreConnection = "power_store3";
$username_PowerStoreConnection = "root";
$password_PowerStoreConnection = "support";
$PowerStoreConnection = mysql_pconnect($hostname_PowerStoreConnection, $username_PowerStoreConnection, $password_PowerStoreConnection) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

Note I also replaced the treexml.xml with one that was shown to use in Powerstore 3 in the cssmw_home.

In the Wa_settings of my database power_store3 I changed the root url to computerdesign/

Im stumped at this point?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the error is saying that the CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php file does not exist at the location that the index.php file is looking for it.

double check that the css menu writer folder has been downloaded to:

C:\xampp\htdocs\computerdesign\CSSMenuWriter

is there a menu.php file at:
C:\xampp\htdocs\computerdesign\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php

dennis372614

reponse!

Yes Jason, all the files are there!

Its my opinion, that what I was trying to do cannot be done correctly.
So, I have scraped that method to customize!
What I was trying to do is replicate the Power Store at my ISP, www.computerdesign-tech.com
I thought I could, take the existing database there and export it as power_store3.sql
then import to my local MySQl database,
I have setup a working testing server xaamp. also have installed Power Store just to make sure everything worked, I then FTP my entire site from computerdesign-tech.com
and copied the content to c:\xaamp\htdocs\computerdesign
After importing the database from ISP, All tables were intact. Then setup Dreamweaver CS4 for this site, creating connection to the database. I know I had to change the Root URL in wa_settings to computerdesign.
Also the connections.php. and the other tweaks like xtreexml.xml to cssmw_home.
In trying to view live or from browser in DW, I received all these errors.
All the files are there, however its the paths to these files that are incorrect, due to setting up at my ISP and moving them to my local machine, I also believe the database reflects all the file paths.

At any rate, I wanted to be able to work on my Power Store site thats already up. and make additonal changes, using DWCS4 and Web Assist extensions.
Since I had already did some customization via the Admin control panel, like adding new content, and pages, with pictures and product in place. I thought I could view and work on the site locally, and then upload changed pages. Templates, Menus, etc.

I now have tried to just setup my site locally by reinstalling and downloading individual pages, like main.dwt.php, customizing then uploading back to ISP.

Bottom line: without wasting so much time what do you suggest for me and users, best method of creating a Store and using DW and Web Assist extensions to customize .

1. Create the entire site locally and upload? but then what about the databases.
2. Create the site at my ISP as I have already done. and customize. here lies the problem!
How to? The Admin control panel is limited to some extent, That is why I purchased the entire Webb Assist Super Suite.
3.If we had an idea of what pages, affect what, Or, have a list of items that can be customized. eg, Templates: main.dwt.php, Index.php, css menu.php. This page controls the Home page, etc. Ok I will now stop rambling!
Thanks for being patient with me with limited experience.
Dennis

mrs

Try this as this is something I suffered with too... I thought the css menus had broken; look in the wa_settings table of the database and there you will see something like:

Root URL: www.sitename.com/

Local Root: /

Remote Root: /

You need to change the above to:

Root URL: sitename/

Local Root: /username/sitename/

Remote Root: /username/sitename/

I think I have that the right way around for your purpose. I did it the other way around to you, I installed locally, then ftp'ed to the remote server. If this doesn't work straight away for you switch it around, or you could do a test install with a test db, then get the info from wa_settings that way. But, as far as I am concerned, it should work if you make these changes.

The only thing that might not work is the logo's on the pages as for some reason my remote install has:

/images/logo.png

whereas my local install has:

/~username/sitename/images/logo.png

If you get this working so both local and remote have the same code, I'd love to know how you did it.

Mat

dennis372614

Editing the wa_settings!

Hi Mat,
I had changed the root url to my local machine.
I had first setup a test server with Power Store riunning locally and all worked fine, since I did the local install, So I had check all the settings when I setup my actual site that I ftp to local server. I found another post, Setting up a live server. that seems to be the best info I have found on this issue, I had posted questions to Jason about the kfm_directories and tables that are created when you add additional content via the Admin Panel.
These are added to you local MySql database. So If you upload to your ISP, this may be an issue, since the table will not be there? waiting on reponse for support!
But so far making good progress.
Dennis

ps. I decided to just setup local site then modify locally, but still interested in being able to modify content in place at ISP.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...