close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Upload SQL Dump to 1and1 serever

Thread began 2/24/2010 12:14 pm by donald.dickson338135 | Last modified 2/24/2010 12:14 pm by donald.dickson338135 | 2092 views | 0 replies |

donald.dickson338135

Upload SQL Dump to 1and1 serever

Hello - this post relates to uploading the SQL dump file created in MySQL Administrator to the Hosting service 1and1.co.uk
I received an error message when uploading the file. I had followed all the steps in the WebAssist video tutorial Database Starter Kit for PHP, the video chapter Publishing your database deals with using MySQL Administrator on your computer and the server side myPHP Admin provided by 1&1 -mit is the same process for the User Registration database
I felt confident that I had followed the fairly simple process without making any mistakes but I kept on receiving an Access Denied error so I rang the 1&1 help line.
It turns out that the dump file created by MySQL Administrator needs modifying before it can be imported into a MySQL database on a 1&1 server.
I have attached a screen grab with comments to highlight what changes to the file I had to make. Basically I had to place two dashes and a space in front of two lines of text then save the file. Sorry the image is small in dimension -it is the size restriction that had me resize the image. If anyone would like a larger dimension file I can upload a Zip version.
Once I had completed the modification to the file content the dump file uploaded into the database just fine.
I do not know if this only affects UK servers operated by 1&1 and would be interested to understand from the experts why this modification to the dump file is required (I am in serious learning mode)
Incidentally at the request of the 1&1 support guy I used WordPad to open the SQL dump file because it maintained the format. Notepad just created a single long string.
Don

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...