close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UE3 won't start

Thread began 2/24/2010 6:20 am by esms | Last modified 3/01/2010 3:18 pm by Dani Chankhour | 2021 views | 7 replies |

esmsBeta Tester

UE3 won't start

Hello,

Haing problem with Site Import not working, so thought I'd check my other WA software.

When I got to UE3, I get an error message (see attached) and then a blank screen!

I've deleted the cache file but still can't get it to run !!!

What do I do?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

It seems that you might need to rename your configuration folder:

146/

Also, make sure to have the latest version of Universal Email and Site Import. What version of UE and SI do you currently have and what version of DW are you using?

esmsBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  It seems that you might need to rename your configuration folder:

146/

Also, make sure to have the latest version of Universal Email and Site Import. What version of UE and SI do you currently have and what version of DW are you using?  

Hello,

Thanks - I'll have a look. I've just read through the link you indicated. Where it states:

'You can rename (or Delete) the configuration folder to have Dreamweaver recreate it. This will have the effect of disabling all of the installed extensions. You will need to use Extension Manager to completely remove all of the existing extensions after removing the configuration folder. If you do not do this step you will be left with a recreation of the old configuration and possible leaving any corruption intact. This will give you a clean new configuration folder and should get rid of any corruption that may have occurred in there.'

Does this mean I reinstall every WA extension (I've got quite a lot)? And, does it mean I have to reinstall every extension in there? I've got around 100 in total from various software companies. Obviously, I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall every extension.

Please advise.

thanks.

esmsBeta Tester

Forgot to mention - I'm using the latest UE and latest DWCS4.

esmsBeta Tester

Hello Dani,

Please advise.

Thanks

Dani Chankhour

What was the last extension you have installed before Universal Email?

And as a test, you can just rename your configuration folder, which will remove your extension and then install UE by itself and see if you get the error. You can always rename the configuration folder back to get your extensions back. I just want to see if renaming your configuration folder does resolve the issue.

Another question, did UE ever worked for you, or did it always have this issue?

Please post back with the results.

esmsBeta Tester

Hello,

Last extension was WA's THEME IT which I installed on Saturday evening.

Bought UE quite a long while ago but never used it so not sure it worked properly.

I'll check your other suggestions now.

Thanks

Dani Chankhour

Thanks.

I did a test by Installing Universal Email Version 3.0.7 which is the latest version. And the line number that is being reported with the error does not match the line number i have. So it could be that some files did not get overwritten when you installed the extension.

If you prefer not to rename you configuration folder, please try these steps:

1. remove Universal Email from the extension manager
2. browse to this location:

C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist

and delete the UniversalEmail folder

3. install Universal Email 3.0.7 again, delete the cache file and start DW again.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...