close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Default Map not showing when using address

Thread began 5/14/2009 6:17 am by kenny20994 | Last modified 5/15/2009 6:42 am by Ray Borduin | 2483 views | 3 replies |

kenny20994

Default Map not showing when using address

Hello,
I have tried using many different address, and always the map shows the US.

pp4cpl

this current test I have added the address 7 lang house hartington road london sw8 2ht

strangly it shows the USA, but I have tried many different address and have been sure to deleted the google dir etc each time.

Can any one help to resolve this. It is usually very easy to apply the google map just cannot figure why not this time around. Please note I just installed the latest version of google map pro.

regards

K

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It may be having trouble resolving the addresses you are using. Would it be possible to try using longitude and latitude instead? You can look that up by mapping the address on google. If that doesn't work for you I can try debugging more to see why the addresses aren't working.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

kenny20994

longitude and latitude works but not addresses

Hi yea,
I have tried many different addresses which did work on your older Google map extension but not on this one for some reason. having tried longitude and latitude it works, but what I don't like is when it shows the map it does not show the address, It only show the coordinates.

For getting the corrodinates I followed this
how-to-find-latitude-and-longitude

regards

k

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can edit the content window contents to show the address. What shows will be defaulted to be your entered values, but this is an editable section when you apply the map.

Some addresses may not work. The geocoding service is not perfectly up to date, so sometimes latitude and longitude are necessary if a particular address doesn't work.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...