close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Data Assist Help -Cant find Tutorial mention in Guide

Thread began 2/20/2010 12:09 pm by thepnup | Last modified 2/24/2010 1:23 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2179 views | 7 replies |

thepnup

Data Assist Help -Cant find Tutorial mention in Guide

I'm sooo brain fried. I'm getting the hang of using some of the WebAssist extensions, but I'm stuck at DataAssist. I need to specify a database table, I don't have a database table to select and I don't know how to set one up. I've set up my dynamic site, and I established my data source connection, but no clue about the table.

I Honestly dont know what to do. I read the starting guide for the DataAssist, and it mentions that I could download the tutorial through the WebAssist Download center. I'm unable to find it, I think it may help me more if I where to do it when reading the Guide for data assist.

I searched for tutorial in the WebAssist site but I'm unable to find it.

I attached a screen shot of my computer to show what I'm talking about when I start the DataAssist also a screen shot of the Info that the tutorial that the DataAssist guide speaks of (which I'm unable to find). I'm currently using Windows Vista and Dreamweaver CS4 (if this info helps anyone)

Sign in to reply to this post

epicjeff396579

Is this what you are looking for?

productdownload.php?PID=122

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the Download Center, go to the DataAssist page.

Expand the "Solution Recipes: Support Files" and download the "SiteAssist and DataAssist: Solution Recipe Files" zip file.

In this zip is a folder called "Data Sources" this contains the blue_sky_music.sql file that can be used to create the tablesfor the tutorial.

For information on using the SQL file, see the following PDF:
importing_sql.pdf

thepnup

Tables

Thanks for the replies they were helpful.

I Have another questions:

To create tables I need to access the phpMyAdmin for the DataAssist to work for my ecommernce site. I'm not able to access it with the user name and password that I created, does anyone know if I'm able to reset it or is there another way to access my phpMyAdmin?

I'm asking this question because I want to install the "eCommerce mySQL Database" from WebAssist. I'm trying to following the directions and I need to access the phpMyAdmin which I'm not able to also I'm also not able to access the MySql.

I Installed Xampp on my computer, could this affected the way I was able to login into phpMyAdmin, I was able to log into it before I installed it. Is there a way to access the phpMyAdim throught the Xampp?

Office Guy-172461

Have a look here:

Logging into a MySQL database
149/

If you go to localhost/
it will bring up the XAMPP page. On the left side menu, under Tools you will find a link to phpMyAdmin.

thepnup

I fiinnally got it.

This post has been deleted.

thepnup

Able to access PhpMyAdmin-but my testing Server doesnt work

I was eventually able to access phpMyAdmin, but I ran into more problems, I dunno what happen but the testing server that I set up does not work. I followed the instructions found on Webassist website, but for some reason, I'm not able to test any of the pages. I tried to set up the testing server but I'm unable to I get an error message. I included a screen shot of the error message. For some reason I feel that every time I correct a problem I run into I end up finding another. I honestly don't want to redo everything over again such as uninstall everything and reinstall them again but it feel like I'm going to have to do that.

Office Guy-172461

This doesn't necessarily mean that your testing server doesn't work.

This guide shows the control panel for XAMPP:
How to set up a local testing server for Dreamweaver
144/

You can use it to make sure your testing server is running. Take one step at a time so you don't try to fix things that aren't broken.

This guide might also help:

Creating a dynamic site definition in Dreamweaver
151/

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The error message points to a problem with the URL Prefix setting on the testing server tab of the site definition.

One way to test is to copy the URL Prefix you entered into the address bar of a web browser. If it is correct, it will not generate an error.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...