close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

JavaScript Error

Thread began 2/19/2010 5:27 pm by Lee Firth | Last modified 2/24/2010 8:10 am by John Langer | 6670 views | 21 replies |

Lee Firth

JavaScript Error

I've just installed Theme-It but when I try to open it, I get the attached error. I have closed Dreamweaver and tried deleting the WinFileCache file but it still happens. Dreamweaver just stops responding after that and I have to close it down. Other times if I try to open different pages from other sites and then open Theme-It I don't get the javascript error but it just stops responding and I have to close Dreamweaver down.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The error refers to google maps object. Are you using google maps on the page you are trying to open theme-it from?

It appears this may be an issue with our preview engine when trying to create the page preview when the page contains javascript. Does it work fine on pages without google maps?

We will try to look into this further, it appears to be a bug associated with running google maps but could occur with other scripts. It uses IE to create the preview. You could probably open up IE and turn of script errors and that could fix the problem in the meantime... or turn off preview and it should work without it until we can investigate it further... based on the error this appears to be a preview problem and not a problem with the actual functionality of the tool.

We will definitely look into this early next week to try to find a resolution. We can probably just remove the script from the page you are theming before creating the preview. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

FatHeadMedia

Having javascript issues on Power Store 3 index.php

I'm having javascript errors also, but with Power Store 3. See attached.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This error is related to the revert functionality. You can probably click OK and ignore it and wouldn't have problems unless you tried to revert later.

We will have to investigate this more to see the root cause. What operating system and DW version are you using? We'll try to reproduce the problem and fix it sometime early next week. It appears to be a bug, but we did lots of testing with powerstore 3, so we may need more information or to create a support incident to help us diagnose the cause until we can reproduce it.

Lee Firth

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  The error refers to google maps object. Are you using google maps on the page you are trying to open theme-it from?  

No there are no Google Maps on the page. I tested it on the index page of 3 of my websites. None have Google Maps on them.

1. corporatecats.com.au
I get the JavaScript error message and then Dreamweaver stops responding.

2. primetimemeats.com.au
I don't get the JavaScript error but Dreamweaver stops responding. It seems to be while trying to display the preview.

3. firthwebworks.com.au
Same as 2 above.

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  We will definitely look into this early next week to try to find a resolution. We can probably just remove the script from the page you are theming before creating the preview. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  

My pleasure, it looks like it's going to be a great extension, when I finaly get it to run correctly, I struggle a little with colour selection so it will help me immensely.

Dani Chankhour

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you:

supporthistory.php

FatHeadMedia

javascript error

If I ignore it I don't get a preview of my page. If I take that same php page and make it a html page and save it then open it then it works. A little work around for now, but it's be nice if you didn't have to do that. Love the idea of this product. Thanks!

I'm on Windows Vista, running CS3. I'll try it on my Mac running CS4.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can see when I view the source code on those sites that you have:

<script type="text/javascript" src="google_javascript/wagt_maps.js">/*wagt*/</script>

near the bottom.... it is leftover code from having a google map at one point I guess.

You can probably just delete that line and theme it would start working on that page. (probaby a good idea to do anyway).

We'll have to do something to try to prevent client side javascript errors from causing such a big issue.

gw311682

Theme-It * JavaScript Errors

Hi, I hope the attached error messages may help you when it comes to trying to solve this problem.

Note that the page I was attempting to use Theme-It with is the home (index.php) page of PowerStore 3. If I click OK on the error messages, the programme loads but doesn't show a preview on the Manage Colors or Manage Images tabs. If I then try to edit an image, for example, in Fireworks, the programme locks-up. The programme (DW) not responding error message then appears and I have to click to close DW and restart the programme.

As I said, hope this is of some use to you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have opened a support incident for you on this topic so that we can investigate it with you further on Monday.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...