close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart Dynamic Control

Thread began 2/18/2010 1:50 pm by codamedia | Last modified 2/19/2010 1:59 pm by web_assist_mail157665 | 860 views | 1 replies |

codamedia

eCart Dynamic Control

eCart is a wonderful product, and it really does work quite well. Generally I find it very flexible, but there is one area that is not the case.

I would love to see the option to control the eCart Object dynamically through a database. Even if this is sold as an "add on" or "expansion pack" to eCart.

When a user chooses to create the eCart Object dynamically - it is all done through a database connection. The ability to dynamically add/edit/delete tax structures, shipping, product options, discounts, etc... would be a great addition to eCart. I recognize that you would need to have a "set database strucuture" to manage this - but I think it is something we developers would love to see. There are many requests on the forums on how to add dynamic options, or dynamic discounts so I know I'm not alone in this request. Actually - I've been requesting it for about 2-3 yrs now in the forums :)

Your current eCart Object control is very, very flexible and is absolutely required for static carts. Don't take that away. Just give us an easy (not hand coded) option of managing some of those features dynamically so we can pass things like "coupons" off to our clients a little easier.

In my view, the GENERAL, COLUMNS and CALCULATIONS are tabs that could be left as they are. I know I wouldn't want my customers playing with stuff like that. But DISCOUNT, CHARGES (product options), TAX and SHIPPING could benefit greatly from dynamic ability - when chosen.

Just my 2 cents.

Sign in to reply to this post

web_assist_mail157665

Definitely need the option to dynamically pull tax, discounts, coupons, and set up the calculations rules etc

Manually accessing the cart class and manually creating the various cart rules is a real pain considering how many other calculations you can perform.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...