close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

update.php

Thread began 5/13/2009 3:40 am by fragop363190 | Last modified 1/05/2010 1:01 pm by jcottone345328 | 5346 views | 11 replies |

fragop363190

update.php

Ok if you open update.php you will notice a "!" near WADAxxx recordset.

If you click to open the info box and check what is wrong you will see dreamweaver shows 2 variables Paramid & Paramixxx.

Im using a database where its tables are named like "categories_cat".

The 2 variables i get are "Paramid" and "Paramid_cat". (the _cat is example look code)

By looking code and if im correct there should be no error and it is probably either a bug of Dreamweaver not handling underscores in table correctly either a syntax bug of DataAssist.
But i only have this problem using the recordset of update page so i suppose its DataAssist.

the code that declares the variable

$Paramid_cmp_WADAcompanies_cmp = "-1";
if (isset($_GET['id_cmp'])) {
$Paramid_cmp_WADAcompanies_cmp = (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) ? $_GET['id_cmp'] : addslashes($_GET['id_cmp']);
}

I dont see a 2nd block of code that is why I suppose its a DW problem probably or syntax.

Im using Vista and DWCS4.

P.S. (I don't see currently any problem using it with question mark, it updates correctly i think, will give more info soon)
P.S.2. Same thing happens on Detail.php page.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of dataassist are you using? Please post a support incident and include a copy of the page where you are having problems. That will allow webassist engineers to look at the code and try to debug the cause.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

fragop363190

DataAssist 2.0.4 latest version.

Ok opening up support ticket.

fragop363190

Ok this has to do with both update.php and detail.php pages and found exact problem and solution. DataAssist generates wrong code IF the table that you are pulling data has a SUFFIX (e.g. datatable_suf)

The WADAtablename recordsets created instead of puting aparameter $Paramid_WADAtablename it writes it as $Piramid_sufix_WADAtablename.

It does the same to the $Paramid2 variable and it transforms it as $Paramid_sufix2_WADAtablename while it should be written as $Paramid2_WADAtablename

Lastly it does it on the Detail.php page at the session variable

$ParamSessionid_suffix_WADAtablename instead of $ParamSessionid_WADAtablename.

This mixes up Dreamweaver (Im using CS4) and ends up the 2 recordsets with a ! mark cause dreamweaver reads the code for some reason as 2 variables and in case we got Piramid1 and 2 then it sees 4 parameters (if you double clikc in recordset/advanced parameters box)

So its partial a DataAssist "Minor" bug cause it writes wrong code for piramid parameter
and its partial for Dreamweaver i suppose but im not sure since i dont know how dreamweaver reads exactly the blocks so i can't be sure about that.

Give me an answer if I should report this as a bug and open ticket or you will address it to your tach team so it is fixed in the next 2.0.5 release of DataAssist.

You can resolve the issue by renaming the parameters as shown above.

WARNING: This bug is only presented when you got a SUFFIX at your tables. e.g. im always using suffixes for my own reasons and writing the tables as companies_cmp.

the cmp is called a suffix for the new developers out there.

Hope this post helped.

Willi Schneider

Hi Fragop

I've got the same issue on CS3. Do you have _underscores in your columns, too?
Or does this just occur when you have your tablenames with suffixes?

WA-team, will there be a fix soon?

Edit:
I'ver just created a new database table "tblVereine" with 12 columns like "IDVer", "nameVer". Then I applied the WA_DataAssist Wizard (2.05) and get the same errors in the update, insert and delete page.

Please WA see, if you can fix this soon.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is an issue with DW not recognizing parameters with two underscores. We will address this in the next dot release, but you need to manually rename the parameters by hand.

The second post seems to be another bug, but I'm not sure what it is. What is the exact error you are getting? What does the generated code look like? If we are able to reproduce and understand that problem we will be able to fix it as well.

Willi Schneider

Hi Ray

Thanks for your reply.

The problem in my second post happens, when I try to update an entry. Leaving some of the form fields empty, because I might not have the information, produces a MySQL error. I've attached a screenshot demonstrating the issue.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Unfortunately the screen shot is too small to see the contents of the error. What exactly does the error say?

Willi Schneider

Hi Ray

The error message is as follows:

<quote>
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' `ansprechVer` = 0 WHERE `IDVer`=112' at line 1
</quote>

This is telling me, that this form field needs to submit some content. But the table column "ansprechVer" can be empty "null" due to my table definition.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I will open a support incident so that somebody can look into this with you further.

Please go to the support history section of the webassist web site and update the incident with your phone number so that somebody will be able to contact you directly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...