close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Mail for Linux not an option

Thread began 2/17/2010 2:57 pm by Francois | Last modified 2/18/2010 3:25 pm by Eric Mittman | 961 views | 3 replies |

Francois

Mail for Linux not an option

My question is, when I open the UE extension, why is Mail for Linux no longer available in the options? There is only Mail and Pear Mail using SMTP.

I have used UE successfully on a PHP site, using Mail for Linux; I have updated (computer and CS4) and reconnected to my site, but when I made a change to the file, it would no longer display the page in the browser. After investigating, I saw that it was using Mail instead of the original Mail for Linux. I copied the pertinent lines over and fixed the problem but why is the selection not available?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The mail for Linux option was not dropped, the product has been updated to use the Linux style mailing regardless of the os since it was a cleaner implementation. Are you having some trouble with it?

Francois

Works great!

I looked at it again and saw that there was a new file, mail_PHP.php, in the WA_Universal_Email folder, which I had to publish before it would work. Great job, thanks.

Eric Mittman

I'm glad that it is working for you now, let us know if you have any further questions about this or if you encounter any problems.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...