close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Contact Form Not Working

Thread began 2/14/2010 1:22 pm by tim309807 | Last modified 8/23/2010 8:26 am by Jason Byrnes | 5747 views | 12 replies |

tim309807

Contact Form Not Working

Hello,

I've looked over the documentation and searched the forum, but I can't find anything that helps. My form returns the thank you page, but I never get the email. Can someone take a look and see if I'm missing something? GoDaddy is my host, but I am on Linux and PHP 5. Thanks!
contact.php

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For some reason the SMTP server is not relaying the email. you should contact the host to have them look in the SMTP server error logs to see why it is refusing to relay the email

tim309807

Here is the response I got from GoDaddy:

Thank you for contacting online support. If you use the mail() function in your PHP, you do not need to specify an outgoing mail server. If you are using some other method besides mail() in your PHP code, use relay-hosting.secureserver.net for your relay server.

I assume they are talking about this line in the WA_globals.php file:

$WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "" ;

I have tried leaving it blank, and using relay-hosting.secureserver.net/ but neither one works.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for go daddy, try using "smtp.secureserver.net" or "smtp.secureserver.net:80" for the smtp server.

olphil78375910

kinda of related... help still needed though

I talked to yahoo and they said it had nothing to do with the smtp servers... it had to do with where and who the email was coming from.

The only way an email could be sent from the contact page is if i put
XXXX@mydomain-name.com the email had to be coming from my own site name.

So my question is how do I allow the user to enter in their email but have it sent from xxxx@mydomain-name.com

or is there another solution?

neilo

Hiya olphil,

You could make a change to your WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_contact_1.php file.

Find the line:

$MailFrom = "".((isset($_POST["Email_address"]))?$_POST["Email_address"]:"") ."";

And change it between the quote marks to anything@mydomain-name.com (the first bit can be anything, the mydomain-name.com is obviously the name of the domain you're sending from. So an example of the whole line is:

$MailFrom = "web@mydomain-name.com";

olphil78375910

Boom!!!

Thanks chief, that worked perfectly. I can finally go to sleep!

tim309807

still having problems

I don't know how much business I've lost, but I'm getting really frustrated. Back in March, I found that this worked:

$WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "pop.secureserver.net" ;

And assumed it was working. But when I checked it today, it is not working again. Following Neilo's suggestion, I changed this line to:

$MailFrom = "tim@timfleming.com".
((isset($_POST["Email_address"]))?$_POST["Email_address"]:"") ."";

Still not working!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the mail_PHP.php file, try changing:

$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader);

to:
$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader, "-f".$mailFrom);

if it is still not working, I would contact the host to see if they can look into the SMTP servers error logs to determine why the email is not being relayed.

mbarcala413301

WAGLOBAL_Email_Server problem???????

I have the same problem on my yahoo server ($WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "" ;) Well i mean that i try this three option and I still getting nothing into my email yet??

I did try:
plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465

I try to leaved empty and still nothing?

any advice, helpppppp pleaseeee???? :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...