close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

advanced file manager questions

Thread began 2/12/2010 8:34 pm by marek | Last modified 2/16/2010 4:36 pm by marek | 1385 views | 3 replies |

marek

advanced file manager questions

Hello Support,
This is very frustrating! Where is the documentation for the advanced file manager in the HTML editor? Why is this not included in the PowerCMS documentation?

Please kindly answer the following questions:

When I upload images using the file manager, they appear in the "root" folder (under "Directories") -- what is the "cms_files" sub-folder for? Why aren't the uploaded images placed in the "cms_files" folder? What is the "thumbs" sub-folder for? Why are there randomly numbered thumbs created automatically? What are they used for?

Please explain.
Marek

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Hi Marek,

While I am not a WebAssist employee, I think I can answer the question for you.

The PowerCMS solution was created long before the new HTMLEditor was released. With that said, WebAssist did a dot release update just to include the latest version of HTMLEditor but the solution still kept the same functionality - just with newer software.

The next release of PowerCMS, however, will include new features and likely the advanced file management system already in place (most likely something that will get activated through a wizard upon setup). Not sure if you have seen some of the newer WebAssist solutions like PowerStore 3 or the PowerGallery, but they have great intuitive setups making it far easier now. My guess is that they are completing a new version of PowerCMS that will also follow this model and bring in some really robust features.

I am actually working on a new tutorial to activate the Advanced File Manager in PowerCMS as I have done this on a couple of sites already. I will post to let you know when the tutorial is ready.

Regards,

Brian

Dani Chankhour

The latest dot release of PowerCMS already comes with Advanced File Management (KFM) enabled by default, which is probably why there is no documentation for it. But if you do own HTMLEditor, there is documentation that explains how to set up the Advanced File Management.

When you upload in PowerCMS, it creates a files folder and then creates a cms_files folder inside of it. When you launch the KFM, it will set the Root to the Files folder and under it you should see the cms_files folder. If you select the cms_files folder when uploading then all the files will be uploaded to the cms_files folder otherwise they will just be placed under the files folder. in regard to the thumbs folder, those are just files that created by the KFM, and they will be used when you do image editing, such as resizing or cropping.

marek

Thanks to both of you for the reply. This was very helpful. :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...