close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PS2 to PS3 update having problems with custom work done

Thread began 2/12/2010 1:20 pm by jfayehaynes368343 | Last modified 2/16/2010 10:49 am by Dani Chankhour | 668 views | 1 replies |

jfayehaynes368343

PS2 to PS3 update having problems with custom work done

Hello,
I have been using PS2 since August and have done a lot of coding modifications to the site, as far as how it displays the products.
(www.CenterCapsDirect.com)

In order to avoid any issues with our website- I have uploaded PS3 onto another domain name (same VPS, and using the SAME DataBase from PHPMYADMIN)

PS2= www.CenterCapsDirect.com
PS3= www.CenterCapDirect.com

I am running into a few problems with coding for the PS3.

1st- on PS2 (www.CenterCapsDirect.com) when you click on a category on the left hand side it goes to the category ID and refreshes the page, bringing you back to the top of the page.

On PS3 (www.CenterCapDirect.com) when you click on a category on the left hand side it loads it on the same page and leaves you at the bottom of the page.

For example: when you click on a category on the VERY bottom of the page (I have over 120 categories) such as Veloche Wheels- you are stuck at the bottom of the web page without even knowing what is going on.

I would like for it to be more like PS2 where you can click on one of the categories on the bottom of the page, but it still brings you up to the very top of the page to view the products. Right now, PS3 just leaves you at the bottom of the page, and you have to be smart enough to know to scroll back up. (This will make our customers un-happy about the extra work and I know we will be getting calls about this)

How would I fix this to make it to where each category has its own page like in PS2?

2nd- On PS2 (www.CenterCapsDirect.com) when you click on a category such as DUB Wheels the category name is shown on the top of the page. (Custom Coding)
Currently PS3 (www.CenterCapDirect.com) does not show this but was just showing Product List.

I would like for it to show the category name at the top of the page so when they click on the category DUB Wheels- it will say DUB Wheels.

How would I code that?

3rd- My orders in PS2 are still showing up through the Admin- however in PS3 it isn't showing the most recent orders placed. Once I transfer over will this still be the case?

As of right now, these are the only issues I have run into that I am unable to fix.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

For your question, PS3 uses spry and ajax to load categories dynamically. in your Main.dwt.php file, try adding this line of code:

window.scrollTo(0,0);

after this line:

xmlHttp.send(null);

which is line 139 on my file.

For the second question, that is going to take a lot of custom coding because the categories are dynamically loaded. but if you wanted to accomplish this, you will need to create a record set using the ps3_productcategories table in the product results page where the ProductCagegoryID equal the the CategoryID, then you will need another record set that filters the ps3_categories table based on the CategoryID so you get the name of the category.

For your third question, as long as you don't update the menu, the order should be displayed correctly.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...