close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Hide region when user logged in

Thread began 2/11/2010 6:56 am by mrs | Last modified 2/11/2010 10:15 am by mrs | 1166 views | 4 replies |

mrs

Hide region when user logged in

Hi, I have a username and passwod box that I want to hide from view once the user is logged in. They are on every page so it is easy for the user to log in from any page on my site.

Once they are logged in, how do I hide the boxes and the associated form once the user is logged in, but once they log out, or close the browser window, I need the boxes to display again forcing the user to sign in again. Is this something that the Cookies Toolkit can handle?

I have run the DW log in user behaviour which works fine, I just don't know how to show or hide the boxes based on log in status.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mat

Sign in to reply to this post

John LangerBeta Tester

Assuming you have security assist and that you used this to create the login rules then go to Modify and then Security Assist then access page manager. Choose the pages (or folders) that you want to apply the rule to and then from "Grant access if" choose "show if NOT logged in".

mrs

I have the full suite of Webassist software, but this site was built before I bought the software.

I ran dreamweaver's log in user server behaviour in order to password protect the pages that needed it, so is there anyway to adapt that dreamweaver software, or would I be better off removing it and applying security assist's behaviour instead?

John LangerBeta Tester

Think I'd be inclined to delete DW's behaviour and apply WA's to the site. May be a bit of work but in the end it will make life easier for you.

I'd do a complete backup of the site as it is before carrying out any work. Then you can at least revert back if it goes pear shaped.

Perhaps someone else knows of an easier way but that's what I'd do.

mrs

OK, thanks for your advice.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...