close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ssl certificate

Thread began 2/09/2010 7:44 pm by muddysmurf | Last modified 2/12/2010 3:04 pm by Eric Mittman | 2138 views | 7 replies |

muddysmurf

ssl certificate

Where is the best place to get an SSL Certificate for a small business? I'm trying to get it as cheap as I can per year.

(Using Powerstore 3)

I see that godaddy has the basic for small businesses for 12.99 a year
gdcompare_ssl.aspx?isc=sslqgo002a

I'm using lunarpages.com for hosting, and i think the ssl certificate is higher than that...

Also, I just read on my host that in order to have an SSL Certificate, I have to have a dedicated IP which is an extra 4.95 a month. Is this correct, or can I buy an SSL certificate through someone else and just install it for that domain without upgrading the IP?

There is already a shared ssl certificate on my host, but I've heard that this isn't the best way to go about securing your site. I'm just starting my business, and like I said before, I'm trying to spend less money than I have to because of the overhead I've already had to pay for.

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Have a look here:

E-commerce - Getting Started Guide
277/

Yes you have to have a dedicated IP for a cert to work properly because it's verifying that your domain belongs to that IP. Shared certs will show as belonging to your host.

muddysmurf

Thanks. Would the godaddy ssl certificate that I posted a link to be good enough with the dedicated IP?

Eric Mittman

You may want to contact them to confirm that it is a dedicated cert but it looks ok to me.

rejuvesite

I use GoDaddy's certs, hosting, everything. Best customer service I've ever experienced and their online control panels for managing certs and hosting are intuitive and actually work!

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the feedback, do you know if the cert referenced in the link is a dedicated one?

muddysmurf

The GoDaddy Support guy wrote me back and said that the promotional discounted $12.99 basic SSL Certificate will work with a dedicated IP. Without the promotion, the SSL Cert is $29.99

Eric Mittman

That seems like a good deal to me if it is for a dedicated IP.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...