close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installation problems with Dreamweaver 4

Thread began 2/09/2010 2:12 pm by borderland400458 | Last modified 2/11/2010 10:33 pm by neilo | 2003 views | 6 replies |

borderland400458

Installation problems with Dreamweaver 4

I purchased the Contact Forms Solutions Pack for my website www.NoveltySoap.com two nights ago and have been attempting to get it to work on the site since then. Unfortunately I didn't realize that you need DW8 or newer to install the software. Can someone help?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Contact form Solution pack is a collection of php scripts, there is nothing to install. you simply have to edit the WA_Globals.php file to suit your site, then upload the files to your server.

borderland400458

I was able to modify and upload the WA_Globals.php file. Everything is installed on the site. The problem I ran into was attempting to add the code to my existing contact form. I just can't get it to work!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

send a copy of the contact form so I can examine the code.

borderland400458

The contact.html page is attached as a txt file as are
the contactthanks.html file and contactengine.php files.

All are also online at www.noveltysoap.com

Thanks,

Jim

Attached Files
contact.txt
contactengine.txt
contactthanks.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Well, your not really using the contact form solution pack any more.

For one, you are hand coding your own function to send the email.

For two, your function to send the email is not in a PHP code block.

Have you tried using the contactus.php page that was supplied?

neilo

Hi Jim,

I sent a test email via your form page, and it seemed to send fine. All that needs to happen now is to set the form into one your own template's pages, if you want to. There is a pdf file that shows steps how to do this. If you have problems with that, I have attached a copy of how your finished 'contactus.php' should end up. If you like, you can either use the attached as a reference when making your own changes, or if you want you could just use the attached to replace your existing 'contactus.php' file. (Back-up your own file first in case you want to revert to it).

Don't forget that you still have to change the 'Contact Us' link in your 'contactthanks.html' page so that it links to 'contactus.php' and not 'contact.html'.

[Jason, - the poster was referring to difficulty in adding the CFSP code to his existing contact form, which you asked to see. So, for one, there is no hand coding of any functions going on . What you are seeing is part of an original template that had its own simple email script - along with a recommendation for (and link to) WebAssist's Contact Form Solution Pack. I have the same template. So (for two!) the function to send the email is not in a PHP code block because it was an html form in an html page with the action posting to contactengine.php. The issue was about advice on how to integrate the WA script(s) into an existing HTML template's pages and menu structure.]

Attached Files
contactus.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...