close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

First attempt at using Validation Tooltips

Thread began 5/26/2011 11:57 pm by Daryl | Last modified 5/29/2011 1:06 pm by Daryl | 1350 views | 5 replies

DarylBeta Tester

First attempt at using Validation Tooltips

Just had my first go playing with this new extension.

Installation and serial entered as normal and with no problems.
Icon appears in Webassist Toolbar and an entry appears in the Webassist menu.

When I tried opening the extension in a new php page I got a warning box stating that no spry validation was found on the page which then gave me the option to cancel or continue anyway. I chose to cancel as I didnt see the point in adding the tooltips just yet. Not really sure why you would want too...

The three menus seemed easy to navigate and straight forward.

There was a white panel at the bottom of the window that didn't display any content which I thought was odd.

I uploaded the page and the validation tooltip directory and all worked as expected.

I wasnt sure how to edit the tooltips and clicked in various places expecting an edit button to appear in the property inspector (as with some of the other extensions) but found that it was easier by just pressing the icon in the toolbar.

This time, the white panel gave me a preview of the tooltips which was invaluable.

This time I edited a preset and saved it as my own which worked well and with no problems.

There are only a few things that I would like to see considered;

The close x on the tooltip appeared too far left on my test rather than where it was shown on the preview (images attached)

It would be good to have an option to have a close button or not to have one maybe by having a check box under one of the tabs.

It would be good to have an option to choose which font you want the close button in (I would prefer an Arial type font)

It would be good to have the option to use a graphic instead of a text close button (red cross or similar as a default option) with the ability to use your own.

All in all easy to use and worked as expected with perhaps a little to feedback over a close button...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...