close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Using Styles with HTML Editor?

Thread began 4/26/2011 7:37 am by Andrew Read | Last modified 4/26/2011 8:45 pm by Andrew Read | 1922 views | 6 replies

Andrew Read

Hi Neil,

Frankly I find the documentation lacking across the entire WA product range, but the more complex the product, the more frustrating the documentation is.

I (and I assume others) purchased these Extensions in order to save time and to become more productive. If I have to spend piles of time scouring the web and digging through help files that may or may not cover the parts of a product I am looking to use, then the benefit of the Extensions fades dramatically.

As an example, here are a few quick things that are not covered in the help file for HTML Editor:

1) First page of your wizzard click "Help" - What is covered by "Editor Preset(s)"? What functions can be found in there? If I don't know what is in there I am unlikely to go further and find the help that in need for those functions - one of which was the ability to link a style sheet to the HTML Editor instance.

2) Import styles list "Help" - There is no explanation here as to how one gets an existing css file to be linked to the HTML Editor which allows you to import styles, and even more strangely... this can not be done from this area!

3) The configuring styles list "Help" is very general, it doesn't explain what the different areas do in anything other than the most general sense. This is quite a complex area of the Extension (and frankly one that can make the Extension very useful) and it is barely touched on.

4) There is no indication in the GSG or anywhere in the help file as to how one would find the HTML Editor site settings which are buried within the WebAssist 'Forms' menu. Frankly I find WebAssist to have little elements scattered all over the Dreamweaver interface, and I find it frustrating to have to go digging through to figure out where to find each and every setting and option. For example - some of these types of settings are under the "Modify" menu item, some are under the "WebAssist" menu item, and yet others can be found under the "Preset Manager."

I hate to spend my time digging through menus to see if I can figure out where a setting can be changed, expecially when that info is NOT in the "Help" file or GSG.

5) I could go on, but I don't think that I need to. The documentation is lacking in detail and I know that I find this quite frustrating, I have to assume that others do as well.

I don't want to be completely negative, the products themselves have undergone major improvements over the past few years (I have been using them since the death of ADDT), it would be nice if the documentation and guides kept up with the rest of the improvements. What ever happened to the video guides, solution recipes, etc?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...