close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Just getting started...

Thread began 3/24/2011 9:54 am by brian424100 | Last modified 4/05/2011 7:59 am by brian424100 | 5181 views | 20 replies

brian424100

It depends on whether or not I include the /gdform.php supplied by Go Daddy. If include that in the form action via post method it will send the email, but it will only send it to the email address I've entered in my hosting control panel form mailer area. I'm under the impression that with Web Assist Universal Email I no longer need the /gdform.php supplied by Go Daddy. In the same form, if I don't incude the /gdform.php in the Action link then I get an error telling me it can't find the gdform. The error reads

Not Found

The requested URL /gdform.php was not found on this server.

If I include the form, it doesn't matter what I put into the Insert -> Web Assist -> Create Email message, it will only send to the email listed in my control panel form mailer area.

Does that make sense?

I guess I'm not clear if I need the /gdform or not. I'm under the impression I don't, I'm under the impression that's what the Extension does for me.

That said, I am really lost when it comes to the relationship between the form and the extension. I'm trying to use the simplest form I can think of, which is just an email address and comments. Do I need to have every field that's contained in the Web Assist Create Email Message in my form? How do they match up?

I think once I have the ability to direct email, and simply get the thing to work I'll be able to work with the form and the structure, but I'm at a loss there.

At the end of the day I need this functionality up and running sooner than later, and I'm afraid this is going to take me a week or two to try to solve in this forum. I'm happy to spend $49 to expedite this set up process.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...