close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Upgrade Confusion

Thread began 2/28/2011 3:24 am by Lon Winters | Last modified 2/28/2011 3:24 am by Lon Winters | 666 views | 0 replies

Lon WintersBeta Tester

Upgrade Confusion

I own the Super Suite which I purchased after the subscription service was discontinued. I have been periodically checking the "Current Version" in the downloads section and keep my extensions up to date.

Today I stumbled upon the Upgrade center and learned that the current version listed in downloads only refers the version I am entitled to as a free upgrade and that several extensions offer newer versions at the upgrade price. So I began checking these out to see which ones I would like or need to purchase. But I'm having difficulty in evaluating which features are included in the newer version.

in one instance, the features list specified exactly what is new in the new version. However, in other instances it shows the entire feature list, with "New" next to some of them which I'm sure in some instances applied to what was new in the previous version, the one I own. It's also a little confusing keeping up with how the new extensions are packaged and being combined with either newer or current versions.

I would like to see for each extension an update history with features that have been added for each version upgrade - this would be very helpful in evaluation of the products and my needs.

Also, is there an upgrade price on the suite itself? I only see the prices for the individual extensions - I added them up and the total price was almost the same as the sale price of the super Suite (which ends today)

Regarding the way the newer versions are combined, how does the upgrade work afterwards should there be a newer version released for one of the included extensions? For example, if UE were to be upgraded to version 5, would that be included free in the package it's in or would like package automatically go up a version also? This may be a specific question as I think it's included with a newer extension that I am interested in, but I already own UE4 so it would feel like I'm buying it twice, unless I could get the core extension separately.

So I hope I'm not giving the WA team another headache - I know there have been issues raised regarding pricing and upgrade structures and you can't please everyone all the time. Plus, I'm not complaining about it - I did get a great deal on the SS when I bought it - these tools have paid for themselves several times over, but I still have to be as frugal as possible like everyone else - so it's merely a matter of knowing the details of any purchase I make and what to expect down the road when you release new or newer versions of your products.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...