close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Clarification on Theme-It, Upload to Server & Footer

Thread began 2/10/2011 12:37 pm by don324575 | Last modified 2/14/2011 1:17 pm by don324575 | 1596 views | 3 replies

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Originally Said By: don324575
  Q. Is your YouTube tutorial on "Theme-It" completely relevant to the Theme-It component in WA/SS or is the Theme-It in SS a "stripped down version?"  

The Theme - it included in site sculptor is exactly the same as the standalone version of Theme-it

Q. The WA/SS instructors online in SS videos keep making reference to "Upload to Server" and then later in the tutorial, "Go Live!" I would never put a client's website out on the Internet via a Web Hosting Company's Server until I had fully previewed my work in Dreamweaver's Previewing mode for both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Therefore, is your Wizard's "Upload to Server" step really a mis-statement?  

Different people have different work flows. some people manage a local testing server, others use a sub domain of the remote site as a testing server. Those instructions are in place to make sure that the files are on the testing server before you try to preview.

Q. For one client, leaning heavily to your SS "Simple" Template. Is your wording of "Resource List" another way of stating "Site Footer" details? Or how do I make the Site Footer horizontal script -- with or without hyperlinks -- part of the Simple Template?  

The Resource list is part of the Club - Agency site type. it is inteded as a list of respources for the Club or Agency.

the footer is already a part of the simple design, any pages under the Footer Pages section will be included as links int he page footer.

Q. Related question: Your Wizard shows "Sitemap." I liked the Sitemaps I got out of Site Assist. Will WA/SS's Sitemap give me the same hierarchal structure to all of the navigational buttons and any pages falling under a specific nav button?  

Yes, the site sculptor sitemap will have the same hierarchical structure

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...