close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WA Questionnaire - MS Sharepoint 2010

Thread began 1/20/2011 8:45 am by tom92909 | Last modified 1/25/2011 11:09 pm by tom92909 | 516 views | 2 replies

anonymous

Tom,

I haven't used the SharePoint stuff at all so I am certainly not well versed there. In fact, the last time I used any Micorosft based servers, I had such a bad time with them that I have been on Linux ever since. Not to say I wouldn't try them again if I was assured that they were stable.

As far as WordPress and Joomla go, I have used them both. A lot of times, though, they have limitations and that's why I prefer WebAssist tools to help me build exactly what the clients wants rather than trying to apply work-arounds to get WordPress or Joomla to work. I think both of them, though, are great if you are just managing straight forward content or blogs. But the problem I always run into with clients is that they have specifics that they need the site to cover and won't work with just a typical content management system.

I do, however, really like some of the plugins in WordPress. There seems to be more and more stuff available all the time.

One issue I have seen with Joomla is that it can be crashed with a large number of users in the database.

I think the platform that I really find intriguing is Drupal. It looks like with some good customization, that Drupal could really be customized to the extreme and made to fit with some more specific needs.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...