close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Where do I find the really BASIC stuff?

Thread began 1/20/2011 5:45 pm by dougdye381447 | Last modified 1/23/2011 5:20 am by dougdye381447 | 1486 views | 5 replies

Sally

I think we all get frustrated when we're working on something and it's not working as we expect (whether it's WA's shortcoming or not). You all have much more knowledge than me, but it strikes me that some of these extensions - especially FormBuilder - do a lot of things and are by necessity complicated.

That's not to say documentation couldn't improve and I know WA is working on this because they sent me a questionnaire asking how to improve it. My feeling is more focused tutorials for common tasks like How to email a form; A form with an attachment; A newsletter, etc. But we all come from such different backgrounds, with areas we know a lot about and other areas that we know nothing about, including what others would just assume, I think it's difficult to construct Help files that encompass that without them becoming overwhelmingly detailed. Being able to write a post with what I want to do, and what problems or questions I have is ideal if I can get a timely answer. Which I think I do.

Week-end support would be nice, but I have to say that as far as support goes, I think WA is awesome. I'm not trying to kiss up here, I really mean it. Most days I not only get an answer to my question that day, but usually within an hour or two. And it's not just limited to a product link or telling me how their product works - or if my issue is not their product's fault telling me it's not their problem. They help me figure out what I'm doing wrong many times, or better ways to approach the problem. I don't know how to put a price on that kind of support, but it's very much appreciated.

So I do feel Doug's pain as I have also recently gone through this - and am still going through it. But I'm amazed at how much I've learned in the last month, and how that is by and large the result of the timely and focused support from these forums. Hopefully we can provide feedback that will help WA to improve their documentation and products but I also think they deserve a lot of praise.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...